Tips on removing the Pony logo from the Steering Wheel

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Made up another one but this is the last until I find something to carry them in, maybe something like a cd case.

Still needs polished and velcro applied.
Bill.....yer killin’ me!! I have 4 extra discs.....I may have to put on my Voo Doo thinking cap!!!! :lol::lol::lol: I do have a few ideas!!! Hhhmmmm??? It’s a boring Sunday, NASCAR cancelled, installed yet another Stanginator...this one is more Chrome-ish looking???
Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Stanginator

Erik made me this new...more chrome-ish stanginator !! installed today. New one is the top one! installed pic is the old one!!
IMG_0343.JPG
IMG_0237.JPG

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Carbon Fiber

Well guys my effort continue. I have been playing hydro dipping carbon fiber which is not bad but, I have it all but impossible to get it to lay in near straight line on a convex interior. I pretty much gave up on that route and did the prep work and applied it to the outside of the disc which is a lot easier. If you plunge straight in you get near straight lines but, if you go in at the 45 degree angle it will distort which is not an horrible effect but not what I had planned to do. Anyway here are a couple pics of the disc now on the car and the replacement dashplate which will get the "Mustang" and the P-51 pin. Not as cool as having the image on the inside of the disc but doubt it can be done and come out as good. What do you think?
IMG_1337.jpg
IMG_1350.jpg

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Well my experiment with hydro dip CF was an epic fail! Not sure what when wrong but I installed it last night and sometime today when it got hot, the entire disc became orange peeled. Not sure if it is the paint or an reaction leading to outgassing but, it was so bad I had to rip it off and put the black disc back on. I am going to email the company that sold me the hydro dip film to see if they can do the post mortum on this fail. Probably need more curing time on the paint or the film needed to settle longer before clear coating. Will let you know what I find out. For now, got to see if I can get someone to cut a few more discs for me - you all drained the 85mm discs from ebay LOL! Have black, want one in a dark silver, and will try red.

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Well my experiment with hydro dip CF was an epic fail! Not sure what when wrong but I installed it last night and sometime today when it got hot, the entire disc became orange peeled. Not sure if it is the paint or an reaction leading to outgassing but, it was so bad I had to rip it off and put the black disc back on. I am going to email the company that sold me the hydro dip film to see if they can do the post mortum on this fail. Probably need more curing time on the paint or the film needed to settle longer before clear coating. Will let you know what I find out. For now, got to see if I can get someone to cut a few more discs for me - you all drained the 85mm discs from ebay LOL! Have black, want one in a dark silver, and will try red.
Yikes....let us know when the service is?? I’ll be ther for ya SterlingStangMan!!!:hail:

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Still waiting to hear back on the forensic analysis of the orange peel CF. I have since made two other disc, one in a dark metallic grey and another in red. Wife and daughter really liked the Red so it is now what is on the car but due to the miracle of Velcro, I can change it up quickly. Let me know what you think?

To those who graciously offered to send me discs, thank you! My Mechanical Engineer broke his wrist two months ago and is still out on disability. They did however hire a machinist who has provided me two flawless discs! Of course, I am at the mercy of his workload which is pretty backlogged.
IMG_1369.jpg
IMG_1370.jpg

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Since I can't ever leave thing alone until I am sure it is perfect, here is my latest version. I added the "P-51" as well as "MUSTANG" to the disc and painted this version in Guard to match the car. Hope you like. Because everything is on the inside it is like having over a dozen layers of perfect clearcoat:headbang:
Not sure I asked this, where’d you get the pilots wings decal?

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
There is a guy on ebay who sells them in various sizes. I put 8" wings on the decklid panel and the nose panel . He sells different sizes but the ones on the discs are 3" which he does for the same price. Happy to give you his information if you like.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Hi Guys, just can't seem to be satisfied with my work. This is my latest and greatest effort. Let me know what you think about my results :like: Probably going to try this one more time since the red on black looks damn cool!
IMG_2174.jpg
IMG_2175.jpg

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Hi Guys, just can't seem to be satisfied with my work. This is my latest and greatest effort. Let me know what you think about my results :like: Probably going to try this one more time since the red on black looks damn cool!
IMG_2174.jpg
IMG_2175.jpg
Ya, I agree...the “P 51” should be a tad higher....and the wings....a couple of silly millimeters to the left!!
Just shittin’ ya man!! It’s icredible!! And yes...red and black is cool together!!

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Not steering wheel but I did this on my dash
7DAC0A3C-2A15-4C2F-85BA-E2941CD84624.jpeg

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
I like the North American Aviation plaque, did you have it engraved? SInce I have several pilot wings on the car, I put the NAA logo there instead. I also changed out the stock auto shift know with the White Madness one - black ball and put the WWII National Insignia on top.
IMG_2177.jpg
Sponsored