cpelaez1

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black 5.0 Vert
oh gotcha. you you had a shop fit it like that?
Yea VinCo metal fab in Glen Burnie MD. They tig welded the whole thing. They did a great job.
Sponsored

OP
OP
cpelaez1

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
Yea they do I just personally don't like the GT350 tips and how they look with the pipes being inside the tips. I much rather prefer the Corsa black tips. That's why I went this route.

OP
OP
cpelaez1

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
All done.
IMG_2033.JPG
IMG_2034.JPG
IMG_2035.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
cpelaez1

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
cpelaez1

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
I'm quite happy that this project is finally done. I gotta be honest about the IKON valance though. The fit is not perfect (as excepted). I mean it was $300 so I'm not surprised. I had to cut off some extra tabs that had no use and it was a pain to get the clips to connect to the bumper. It was also a pain to get the tips on; lots of brute force. It does look great but if you come up close you'll see two things that really piss me off. First, the reverse light housing doesn't really sit flush at all with the valance. The hole isn't big enough in the valance so it's not flush. Second thing. There are two dots above the reverse light housing. Those dots are actually the ends of the two screws that almost went through the valance to hold the reverse light in because it's missing a crap ton of holes for the reverse light. So I overtighhtened to compensate and that happened. So pissed about that. I guess it is my fault for overtightening it, but I did it because it didn't seem secure. Luckily the screws didn't go through all the way (later on I used permanent marker to make the dots a little darker. It's not shown on the picture though). I've included a picture so you can see. I think I should have gone with the OEM valance instead but it's done now. I'm happy with it despite the imperfections. You get what you pay for.
IMG_2039.JPG

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
@cpelaez1

End result looks good, although I definitely would be disappointed with the reverse light fitment.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Other people had the same issues with the reverse light. Just cheap janky Chinese plastic; IKON just resells Alibaba stuff from China it seems.

OEM was a good decision once I thought about it. Sure it was $700 vs $350, but worth it. Plus I wanted to keep the OEM look with the tips so the OEM valance made sense.

I personally would not have been happy with my new(ish) $45k car looking like that even if the imperfections are down low and minor.

OP
OP
cpelaez1

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
Other people had the same issues with the reverse light. Just cheap janky Chinese plastic; IKON just resells Alibaba stuff from China it seems.

OEM was a good decision once I thought about it. Sure it was $700 vs $350, but worth it. Plus I wanted to keep the OEM look with the tips so the OEM valance made sense.

I personally would not have been happy with my new(ish) $45k car looking like that even if the imperfections are down low and minor.
Yea I wish I had known about the reverse light. I did a lot of research and never saw that. I should have gone OEM for sure.

Sponsored

DoubleX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Ford Mustang GT
How much will the total package run about?

I would love to do this, but the package from Ford I was seeing was around $2K

OP
OP
cpelaez1

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
How much will the total package run about?

I would love to do this, but the package from Ford I was seeing was around $2K
Somewhere around $800 for everything.

OP
OP
cpelaez1

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)