Sponsored

Door Sill Plates - Illuminated

thundertorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP; 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 305 V8 TBI
I have a ’15 GT Premium (with PP, 50th Appearance Pkg & 401A) that doesn’t have the illuminated sill plates. I bought the car used so I don’t know if it was left off from the factory by mistake or if the previous owner or car lot removed them. Anyway I am planning to order a set from Ford http://accessories.ford.com/interior/door-sill-plates/kit-11105.html and install them myself. I was curious if anyone has done this before and was wondering what I was getting into. I’m guessing that it is a pull up/pop it out and then connect the new plates to the hopefully still existing bulbs and then snap the new plate in place. Is this correct or is there more involved?

I have searched and tried to find this question on the forums and didn't see it anywhere so my apologies if I'm duplicating a previous thread.

Thanks in advance for any insight into this.
Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
It says it only illuminates in white? My GT Premium changes color to match the MyColor. The owner most likely unplugged the lighting part of it or something. I doubt he went and replaced the whole thing.

OP
OP
thundertorque

thundertorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It says it only illuminates in white? My GT Premium changes color to match the MyColor. The owner most likely unplugged the lighting part of it or something. I doubt he went and replaced the whole thing.
That is interesting. I'll check to make sure that it isn't just unplugged but if it is not the right one I'll make sure the one I get does that too. Thanks for the heads up!

OP
OP
thundertorque

thundertorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

pockama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MBZ G65AMG, 2016 Ford GT, 2016 RR PHANTOM
Don't buy from the dealer-too expensive
you can buy from ebay for about $85 shipped
make sure you buy oem plates (without long wires!)
Some GT cars have the option from the factory.
Even my car is GT PP 50th ann. I did not have them and I did it by miself

OP
OP
thundertorque

thundertorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't buy from the dealer-too expensive
you can buy from ebay for about $85 shipped
make sure you buy oem plates (without long wires!)
Some GT cars have the option from the factory.
Even my car is GT PP 50th ann. I did not have them and I did it by miself
Thanks for the help!

pockama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MBZ G65AMG, 2016 Ford GT, 2016 RR PHANTOM
Blue wire is blue light +
Red is red light +
green is green light +
black (or white) is negative (-) (ground)

OP
OP
thundertorque

thundertorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks again!

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Roush on ebay

I have a ’15 GT Premium (with PP, 50th Appearance Pkg & 401A) that doesn’t have the illuminated sill plates. I bought the car used so I don’t know if it was left off from the factory by mistake or if the previous owner or car lot removed them. Anyway I am planning to order a set from Ford http://accessories.ford.com/interior/door-sill-plates/kit-11105.html and install them myself. I was curious if anyone has done this before and was wondering what I was getting into. I’m guessing that it is a pull up/pop it out and then connect the new plates to the hopefully still existing bulbs and then snap the new plate in place. Is this correct or is there more involved?

I have searched and tried to find this question on the forums and didn't see it anywhere so my apologies if I'm duplicating a previous thread.

Thanks in advance for any insight into this.
Roush aftermarket has new take off illuminated door sills.i just got a set to replace my plan black plastic one from my base model. I paid 80 bucks shipped right from Ebay.

Easy install but I decided not to tap into wires and hid the harness in the weatherstrip.You will need new 3m doublesided tape.

what an improvement.:ford:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2016-F...ash=item43ec01dad2:g:Q8AAAOSw8-tWZxGz&vxp=mtr

Sponsored
OP
OP
thundertorque

thundertorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks [MENTION=15709]hemistar1[/MENTION]! I'll watch eBay and see what I can find.

OP
OP
thundertorque

thundertorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll let this thread die after this but I wanted to thank everyone for the help both here on the thread and in PM. :)

I've been told that the 50th Anniversary Package deletes the illuminated door sill panels (scuff plates) and in researching have figured out that instead the package adds a special and unique plate. I have decided to stick with the unique 50th Anniversary Package Plate.

Once again my sincerest thanks as I continue to learn about this great car we all love.

DanielIvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT w/ 50th Anniversary Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I'll let this thread die after this but I wanted to thank everyone for the help both here on the thread and in PM. :)

I've been told that the 50th Anniversary Package deletes the illuminated door sill panels (scuff plates) and in researching have figured out that instead the package adds a special and unique plate. I have decided to stick with the unique 50th Anniversary Package Plate.

Once again my sincerest thanks as I continue to learn about this great car we all love.
I have the 50th AP too but not the 401A. There is nothing unique about my doorsill plates I don't think. I would much rather get some illuminated plates but can't find any that match the Ford My Color option.

OP
OP
thundertorque

thundertorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the 50th AP too but not the 401A. There is nothing unique about my doorsill plates I don't think. I would much rather get some illuminated plates but can't find any that match the Ford My Color option.
I went back and looked at what I had read and realized that I misread the door sill information. You are correct that the 50th Appearance package does not include special door sill plates. I got off line on the sheet and was reading the actual 50th Anniversary car options.

Thanks for clearing that up and for bringing back my confusion about what I want to do now! :lol:

Last edited:

LIPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/50th AP
I went back and looked at what I had read and realized that I misread the door sill information. You are correct that the 50th Appearance package does not include special door sill plates. I got off line on the sheet and was reading the actual 50th Anniversary car options.

Thanks for clearing that up and for bringing back my confusion about what I want to do now! :lol:

Actually the door sills are different on the 50th ap than other Mustangs. They are the same ones that come on the 50 yr anniversary cars. They are just all silver and don't illuminate.
Sponsored