Sponsored

P-51MUSTANG BADGE-ORDER!!

Would you buy a P-51 Mustang Badge for your Mustang?

• Yes

Votes: 30 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT
I PM'd him and asked for a design idea on the fender badges. I, really glad there's some interest in this as I think it would be really cool to commemorate the aircraft that was in every way the inspiration for our cars design today as well as in the beginning
Good idea. I'll work on this today and try to get something posted tonight.
Sponsored

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
im down, just have to figure out where to put it or what to do with it haha

ill find somewhere to slap it on inside or out

SLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Fender badge is a great idea. Bye bye 5.0 emblem.

Sponsored

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT
I refined the plane a little and added the shark mouth as request. In addition, I also put together a fender badge concept. The outline of the 5.0 is there for size reference and to show hole coverage for the GT guys. I know there was a request to remove the p-51 from the top. I mocked this up, but if you remove the text, the plane needs to get bigger to cover that space, and when that happens you lose even more of the tail section, and it starts to look weird.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stam616

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I refined the plane a little and added the shark mouth as request. In addition, I also put together a fender badge concept. The outline of the 5.0 is there for size reference and to show hole coverage for the GT guys. I know there was a request to remove the p-51 from the top. I mocked this up, but if you remove the text, the plane needs to get bigger to cover that space, and when that happens you lose even more of the tail section, and it starts to look weird.

Wow! I like it but I think it looks better without the Sharks mouth. Pretty great look though and of course if it's offered in colors like the Coyote/Cyclone badges it looks like we could have a winner! Also if the plane in the badge could show more of the tail section it might work better ? What are your thoughts

MantisTaboggin1975

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I really like the one on the top with the 5.0 outline.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Can you remove the P-51 section and just reduce the size of the overall design so you don't have to expand the plane? Or you can turn the badge horizontal so you can have Mustang on the bottom and a full silhouette of the plane.

And the shark mouth isn't good...the P-51s were more known for having pin-up girl nose art and white/black stripes on the belly just aft of the wings. I liked the clean version better.

Sponsored

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT
Can you remove the P-51 section and just reduce the size of the overall design so you don't have to expand the plane? Or you can turn the badge horizontal so you can have Mustang on the bottom and a full silhouette of the plane.

And the shark mouth isn't good...the P-51s were more known for having pin-up girl nose art and white/black stripes on the belly just aft of the wings. I liked the clean version better.
I can change the badge dimension, however that kind of takes away from the original intent of having a similar design to the gt350's snake badge. I think everyone is in agreement thought that the shark's mouth can be removed. I will work on that and play with the design a little more. I guess the big question to everyone is P51 or no P51. So far is seems split and the original request was for it to be included.
I also think I will change the direction of the side badge. So the plane is flying with the car rather than against it. It will also help flow with the fender lines better.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Understood...instead of changing the badge dimension you could remove the P-51 and recenter the plane?

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
I have say it looks cool but, you really need to show the prop as a elipse which gives it a sense of motion. Props always had white lines so when they were spinning you could see the prop.

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
Where don't get a clear deck lid ? No badges

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT
Here is a revised concept. Shark mouth removed and plane center. I also did another with two additional planes to fill space. There is also two fender badge concepts. Once we can agree on a direction I will proceed with mock ups. Until them i am just going to post basic mock ups. It takes too much time to change and rebuild a photoshop mock up.
Badge Concept.jpg
Sponsored