Sponsored

Premium Valance on Base bumper (in theory)

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Yes, I know this topic has been beaten to death, but I have been thinking that it might be possible to do this.

Looking at the thread that details how to install the rough valance on non-premium bumpers (https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74060&highlight=roush) and seeing that the base bumper is cut below the curve (see picture... courtesy of thread linked above)...I had an idea of how one might be able to attach an aftermarket premium valance.

As we all know, the valances on the premiums are attached to the bumper via tabs. Well, I got to thinking, why not cut-off the curved part of the new valance. Then cut the curved part of the new valance. Then one would take this curved part that was cut, and cut it in such a way that only a flat surface is left on one side which would contour to the curve left on the original bumper. This curve would be attached to the tabs via glue and/or J-clips.

Then, the assembly made above would be attached to the cut bumper using screws and 3M tape (or any other attachment method as is your want).

This is the theory. I would love to have been able to have put this theory into practice, but I am poor...cannot afford the valance I would have wanted to try this out with (anderson composite https://andersoncomposites.com/collections/all/products/2015-2016-mustang-fiberglass-diffuser).

Thoughts on this theory...anyone want to give this a try?
IMG_1168.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Won't work. The Roush flares out towards the bottom. Anyhow its still easy to add the Roush valence to base bumper. Need to glue in plastic strips so the side pieces can bolt to.

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Won't work. The Roush flares out towards the bottom. Anyhow its still easy to add the Roush valence to base bumper. Need to glue in plastic strips so the side pieces can bolt to.
So do the other bumpers...one would just have to follow the contour of the bumper where it flares out with their cutting.
Sponsored