Sponsored

IKON Rear Wing \m/

Murdered0ut150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I pulled the trigger on the ( yes, EBay, Ikon Motorsports wing. I’ve already read through 14 pages of back and forth nonsense forum bullshit so save it here ;)

100% excellent fitment , look, everything for $70 + free shipping. It’s EXACTLY what I was looking for since I have the spoiler delete. Just looked unbalanced and strange to me. This sets it off perfectly. I bought the unpainted version which still Is a nice matte finish and doesn’t look like the stereotypical primed piece. I’m on the fence to wrap it gloss black like I did wit the roof. Anyway A+ product and highly recommended.
275EADB1-5FE5-49F7-B340-F7ACD5FE13BE.jpeg
9ED5DCAA-DC5F-44FE-919D-2272102EC9A9.jpeg
DC7386D9-3013-478C-9474-42AAD85EFF76.jpeg
Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Do you know if it is paintable?
Do you have a flat photo of side profile with out any angle so you can see design from sideview

OP
OP
Murdered0ut150

Murdered0ut150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Do you know if it is paintable?
Do you have a flat photo of side profile with out any angle so you can see design from sideview
Definitely paintable. I’ll snap a side profile pic in a bit.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely paint or wrap it to match the roof, looks unfinished when you have too many mismatched shades/colors.

Spoiler looks good

Sponsored

OP
OP
Murdered0ut150

Murdered0ut150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
thank you. Ive been looking for something little more intrusive but still an ebay budget spoiler.

I wonder if this will fit as well and also if just all 3M would hold up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-2015-2...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Looks promising to me, like everyone says don’t use the budget adhesive tape that comes with it. I spent $7.99 on 3M moulding and trim VHB tape ( black) + a little packer of adhesion promoter just in case, and that thing isn’t going anywhere. It’s stuck solid and made a really good bond. I have zero worries that it’ll fail, I’m also not ever going to drill into the trunk lid lol

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I have the same spoiler, I ordered it painted matte black and it matches all the black plastic trim very well.

BTW, mine came with two rolls of 3M trim tape.

I put it on last summer and it has gone through one New England winter with no signs of coming loose.

OP
OP
Murdered0ut150

Murdered0ut150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I have the same spoiler, I ordered it painted matte black and it matches all the black plastic trim very well.

BTW, mine came with two rolls of 3M trim tape.

I put it on last summer and it has gone through one New England winter with no signs of coming loose.
Nice! Yeah I got the same and the unpainted really does match the rest of the trim, splitter, side skirt etc. I got two rolls too but didn’t use... I’m sure it’s the same? But didn’t have the 3M on the red tape so I figured for 7 bucks to go buy the trim vhb tape wouldn’t hurt it.

Sponsored

WileECoyote79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost w/performance pack
im buying the painted version of this. Any tips on the install process? I want to make sure i dont screw it up, which tends to happen the first time i do anything LOL.

OP
OP
Murdered0ut150

Murdered0ut150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
im buying the painted version of this. Any tips on the install process? I want to make sure i dont screw it up, which tends to happen the first time i do anything LOL.
Definitely DO NOT remove all the the red tape covering the adhesive and try to position. Once that tape touches the paint it bites hard lol. Position and have tabs of the red tape pulled out sticking towards you so you ca place then pull and push.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Looks awesome! I have the same spoiler but in Carbon Fiber.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
I suggest not using the tape that is installed. Remove it and replace it with wider 3M tape. That’s what I did with mine. Set the spoiler on the trunk lid before peeling the tape and use a grease pencil, painters tape or dry erase marker to make reference lines. Peel the ends of the 3M tape so that you have an inch or two that you can pull on when the spoiler in on the trunk. Get the spoiler positioned, hold it down completely flush to the trunk lid and pull the red backing on the tape. This almost guarantee’s a perfect tight fit.

WileECoyote79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost w/performance pack
I suggest not using the tape that is installed. Remove it and replace it with wider 3M tape. That’s what I did with mine. Set the spoiler on the trunk lid before peeling the tape and use a grease pencil, painters tape or dry erase marker to make reference lines. Peel the ends of the 3M tape so that you have an inch or two that you can pull on when the spoiler in on the trunk. Get the spoiler positioned, hold it down completely flush to the trunk lid and pull the red backing on the tape. This almost guarantee’s a perfect tight fit.
Thanks for the tutorial. I pulled the trigger and bought this last night. :clap2:
Sponsored