Sponsored

OTT Stripes - Tapering widths?

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolute Black 2017 GT Fastback (Manual)
Hi guys,

I'm planning to get Dual OTT Stripes done on my GT and was reading somewhere that the dual stripes taper down in width by approximately 0.5" from the windscreen to the tip of the nose/bumper.

Can anyone verify this for me?

E.g. if the stripes are 7.0" wide at the windscreen end, they should taper down to 6.5" at the tip of the nose, and then run down the bumpers at 6.5" width?

Advice greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
The stripes on my 2008 Shelby tapered on the hood I don't think any of the others did. I don't know how much but they definitely tapered.
Lee

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I have constant width 10" stripes from the air splitter in the front to diffuser in the back.
IMG_20170723_184745703.jpg

OP
OP
Type550

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The stripes on my 2008 Shelby tapered on the hood I don't think any of the others did. I don't know how much but they definitely tapered.
Lee
Yeah, I think there's a slight 0.5" taper on the thicker stripes from top of hood near windshield down to the nose of the fascia

I have constant width 10" stripes from the air splitter in the front to diffuser in the back.
IMG_20170723_184745703.jpg
WOW, that looks really nice! :thumbsup:

jimmybuffit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 50th Year
Thanks for posting I have been looking for the answer to this too. I know big worm graphics does tapers on their stripes, maybe you can give them a call and ask?

Best case if someone with them measured for us.

Sponsored

Ace21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1
I remember reading an article about the original Shelby stripes. They had a tapper so that when looking at the car from head on the strips will look even front to back.

OP
OP
Type550

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for posting I have been looking for the answer to this too. I know big worm graphics does tapers on their stripes, maybe you can give them a call and ask?

Yep, but I think it only tapers down by ~0.5" for each thick stripe. You won't wanna taper down too much as it'll look weird IMHO. It's more of a subtle taper from the top of the hood to the nose :thumbsup:

I'm hoping to get mine done later this week.

I'm planning to go with dual 7.0" - 6.5" black carbon fiber (or Satin Black) stripes with gloss red pinstripes on either side and ~1.0" gap down the middle (i.e. GT350R stripes). I'll post pics when it's done :)

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
>=2005 muscle cars - camaro, mustang, challengers

The stripes only taper on the hood, helps the stripes flow better with the hood shape. Shelby started that in the 60s and has always made stripes with a slight taper.
Sponsored