Sponsored

Door Sill Plates - Illuminated

DanielIvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT w/ 50th Anniversary Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Actually the door sills are different on the 50th ap than other Mustangs. They are the same ones that come on the 50 yr anniversary cars. They are just all silver and don't illuminate.
With all due respect, I believe you might be mistaken.

This is a picture of the 50th AP door sills -
1462560793.Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 11.52.30 AM.jpg

This is a picture of a non-50th AP Premium GT with the 401A pack -
Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 11.52.20 AM.jpg

Apart from the illumination, there is nothing different.
Sponsored

DanielIvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I went back and looked at what I had read and realized that I misread the door sill information. You are correct that the 50th Appearance package does not include special door sill plates. I got off line on the sheet and was reading the actual 50th Anniversary car options.

Thanks for clearing that up and for bringing back my confusion about what I want to do now! :lol:
Don't be confused my friend. If anything, maybe now is the time to look into custom illuminated door sills. Regardless, I'm almost certain we'd have to splice into something electrical so, really, options are only limited by your wallet.

OP
OP
thundertorque

thundertorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP; 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 305 V8 TBI

In the picture above the red car that is a non 50th AP car looks to have black sill plates. Is that the case or is it an illusion on my computer screen? Mine do look like the one on the yellow 50th AP car. If that is the case then there is some difference but only a small one.

I don't guess it is all of that big of a deal but I am curious more than anything now.

DanielIvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
In the picture above the red car that is a non 50th AP car looks to have black sill plates. Is that the case or is it an illusion on my computer screen? Mine do look like the one on the yellow 50th AP car. If that is the case then there is some difference but only a small one.

I don't guess it is all of that big of a deal but I am curious more than anything now.
I think that may be an illusion because I have the same car and it has the same sills. The picture with the red car looks to be slightly lower resolution which makes it look a little gray but I think it's also black. I believe that the 50th Anniversary Limited Edition has different sill plates (because they only made 1,964). But I really don't think the regular 50th Anniversary Appearance Package has unique sills.

I hope you're right though because if you can give me a reason to save a little money and not invest in different sill plates - I'd be grateful. Because I really do like those illuminated plates but individuality matters more to me than lights. :D

[MENTION=22727]thundertorque[/MENTION] I'm editing this because I see you have the 401A package with a 50th Anniversary AP. I don't have the 401A package but do have the 50th Anniversary AP and my sills are not illuminated. Maybe this helps clarify a little?

LIPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/50th AP

They do look similar, Here is another pic of the premium door sill

Besides being illuminated, the outline around the plate and the horse looks a little darker.

The yellow 50 AP sill looks pretty much the same as the LE Sill plate below

For Reference here is a base sill

Last edited:

Sponsored

SVOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 301A A10, Steeda Stop The Hop, Minimum drop springs, Pro action shocks and struts, UPR Vertical Links, spherical bearings, Steeda Xpipe , VMP Odin 88 MM pulley, Lund Tuned
Vehicle Showcase
My 2015 50th Anniversery Apperance package has Illuminated doorsill plates. But they are not hooked up. Does anyone have the schematic to wire these in? where do they get wired to?

btower6265

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OW 15 Mustang V6 051a
Door Sill Install

Here is the installation instructions for a 2015. 16, 17 should be the same. Please note for a white lighted sill plate connect all 3 colored wires together. Wasn't too hard to install. Took about 1 1/2 hours but was the first time I looked into removing any of the inside trim. I installed on a base V6.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited: