Seems like a good deal? Ford Racing hood struts for $68 free shipping

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
On CJPP they recommend to not use hood strut kits on aftermarket hoods like Cervinis. Is this pretty much true even with the Redline kit?
I avoid using struts on fiberglass parts cause it misaligns or deforms the hood when closed. I tried using them on my Factory Five Daytona coupe on the hatch lexan and hood and they definitely keep a lot of pressure in the "closed" position.
Sponsored

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
On CJPP they recommend to not use hood strut kits on aftermarket hoods like Cervinis. Is this pretty much true even with the Redline kit?
NO! Our system was designed to be used with both stock and aftermarket hoods. Our hood bracket provides more support for use with fiberglass and carbon fiber hoods. :thumbsup:

Bep8Rn0.jpg

Plus, our gas springs sits perfectly horizontal when closed so there is no upward pressure on the hood. Other companies products don't do this and have been shown to cause "bowing" of the hood.

Here is a picture of Mustang6g member Khyber's car with a Cervini hood in our booth @ Mustang Week 2016. Feel free to contact him about his thoughts on our system on his hood.

Gk4IvRl.jpg

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Ok, here's the question which I have never seen asked previously about these type of hood lift systems.... Besides brands, pricing, naming, decals, colors AND the brackets provided by X, Y or Z Vendor -

What is the difference in the actual strut cartridge??

I mean, those cartridges are not being produced on site by the Vendors - the Vendor is being supplied with the cartridge and they then put together their own "package", correct?

It's like saying Ford manufacturers their own suspension springs in house, when that is not true - they hire a subcontractor who makes the springs to Ford's specs, then the springs are shipped to Ford for installation.

Discuss.

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
I have the Redline Struts and they work great. In fact this is my third Mustang and i had them on all 3.:headbang:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Redline hood struts the absolute best for the money! The kit got rid of the hood movement i had...

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I installed the Ford hood struts yesterday, but didn't pay attention the left/right for the strut install and now the lettering is upside down. I'd like to switch them over.

Do they just pop off like they popped on? or is there something particular to removing?
Sponsored