Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
** FIRST CATCH CAN SYSTEM FOR GT350 & GT350R**

With the new release of the Shelby GT350 we wanted to make sure one of the first mods would be a catch can. With the higher RPM revving and road coarse built platform, we wanted to help keep that motor healthy!!

Here is the UPR Single Valve with Check Valve Catch Can with Clean Side Separator for the 2016 SHELBY GT350 & R models.

Factory style quick connect fittings along with our braided hose will ensure and clean and tight fit. The Check valve will work with your factory PCV so now it will have an actual seal when you go WOT. The Driver side clean side separator will make sure no splashing or contaminates from entering the intake tube.

If you ever look at a GT350 owner's manual... it will state "recommends catch can for track use"

System will be $369.99

Any questions, please call me at 561-588-6630
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Is it $350 per bank?
It is for both sides. Price is for the complete system.

please provide the installation instructions...
We have not created any yet but its the same process of our 5030-98 system for the passenger side mounting. Which is found here:
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-37354654005614/upr-products-5030-98-install.pdf

Only difference is that you do not have the radiator cover and the bolt to the frame is a hex bolt. You will remove that completely and replace it with ours on the bracket.

The Driver side simply connects in the same place as the factory hose.

Last edited:

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
thanks steve, it was a pleasure speaking with you on the catch can product. hopefully there will be different finishing colors to the can and fittings. would be nice to have some color in the engine compartment......

Sponsored

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
thanks steve, it was a pleasure speaking with you on the catch can product. hopefully there will be different finishing colors to the can and fittings. would be nice to have some color in the engine compartment......
Was a pleasure speaking to you as well and I hope I helped. We will thought only be making them in black.

so you need 2 catch can for each manifold....driver and passenger side
You only have 1 intake manifold. It just works with the factory PCV which is on the passenger side and keeps the air on the driver side clean when it ties into the intake tube.

Great system I have one on my SC car which usually has more vacuum and puts more demand on the separator.
:cheers:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'll be getting catch cans for my car. I know most of the time it isn't necessary but might as well since it's going to hit the track right away.

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I'll be getting catch cans for my car. I know most of the time it isn't necessary but might as well since it's going to hit the track right away.
It's always necessary as the motors still push oil and moisture back into the manifold. The factory PCV just doesn't cut it.

It's nice to see Ford saying it's recommended now though

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Can you explain what the little can is doing on the driver's side? Where does the separated oil go? Does it drain back into the head? What's the tradeoff between this setup and just using two full cans (which is what Ford was doing on the track tour cars).

-T

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Can you explain what the little can is doing on the driver's side? Where does the separated oil go? Does it drain back into the head? What's the tradeoff between this setup and just using two full cans (which is what Ford was doing on the track tour cars).

-T

The driver side is our Clean Side Separator. The design is to keep any oil from splashing over being sucked into the intake tube. On higher RPM or boosted cars, we are seeing more oil getting into that line then not.

The Clean side is doing it at the source instead of a can mounted elsewhere on the driver side. It will force the oil back down.

I'm sure the cans ford uses can work but our systems have a newer style difusser technology along with a check valve that actually will keep a tight seal in the motor.

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
So with this design you only have the passenger side catch can to empty?

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
So with this design you only have the passenger side catch can to empty?

You can check the Driver Side but the passenger side is the main can to empty.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Track Key thread indicates and OEM air-oil separator will be available. Any thoughts of that vs. catch can as it seems more convenient especially if limited intent on tracking?
Sponsored