Sponsored

GT350 Gauge Cluster Thread

calebdnehus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT
The font is different and is laid out better in my opinion. You dont have that cluster fuck of lines at 6500-8000 like on the GT cluster. And 200mph speedo FTW
Sponsored

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
The font is different and is laid out better in my opinion. You dont have that cluster fuck of lines at 6500-8000 like on the GT cluster. And 200mph speedo FTW
Nope, font is the exact same. How many times have you gone over 160 in your GT???

2016-Ford-Mustang-GT-instrument-cluster.jpg

calebdnehus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT
Looks a little cleaner with fewer tick marks between all the numbers. That’s what made it look different to me. My gt has been over 160 several times during highway pulls. There’s a group of guys in my area that gather up Friday and Saturday and we go out to a straight stretch of interstate run our cars against each other. Im also looking to build mine to hit 200mph and would a cluster to show it. Anyway, this isn’t about why people want to do it who cares why. It’s a thread in how and it doesn’t need to be clogged up with this argument bs. If you don’t like it then you don’t have to make the swap

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
I want to spend the money just for the digital speedometer in the middle of the gt350 cluster. It drives me freaking nuts that we don't have one besides that stupid engineering mode.

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
What do you mean? This looks the exact same as the regular cluster except the higher rev and speed limits.
The ground speed text is super tacky, the redline looks bad, I just like the cleaner look of the GT350 cluster. The regular S550 cluster is just bad and my least favorite part of the car.

Sponsored

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
There is a way to disable PATS but I'm not sure how or if you can enable again down the road. I read something somewhere discussing the PATS thing on some motor swap thread. Not sure if that would be helpful to you at all, but I figured I would throw it out there.
The odd thing was the car had turned on without any issues and seemed to be good to go. I had read about PATS and thought the car would not turn on but it did which makes me wonder if there are going to be any issues if I just change the ODO. But on the flip side if I do trigger something I could be screwed. Though the only real way to get these clusters is thru Ford so people wont have the same issues as me though the 18 digital clusters should pop up a lot so I am hoping what I am doing now can be used for those new digital clusters as well as they are going to be super popular. I am going to install the cluster again and make sure the radio still works since the vin between the cluster and radio will be different with the 350 cluster installed and take a better video to show how it looks. If it all checks out then I am going to send it out and have the ODO changed and then swap it as close as possible and hope I don't trigger anything to piss the car off. Though I am expecting it to work fine without any changes to the as built data since I have a base car with no options at all.

calebdnehus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT
The odd thing was the car had turned on without any issues and seemed to be good to go. I had read about PATS and thought the car would not turn on but it did which makes me wonder if there are going to be any issues if I just change the ODO. But on the flip side if I do trigger something I could be screwed. Though the only real way to get these clusters is thru Ford so people wont have the same issues as me though the 18 digital clusters should pop up a lot so I am hoping what I am doing now can be used for those new digital clusters as well as they are going to be super popular. I am going to install the cluster again and make sure the radio still works since the vin between the cluster and radio will be different with the 350 cluster installed and take a better video to show how it looks. If it all checks out then I am going to send it out and have the ODO changed and then swap it as close as possible and hope I don't trigger anything to piss the car off. Though I am expecting it to work fine without any changes to the as built data since I have a base car with no options at all.
I have a base as well with the performance pack as the only option. You bring an interesting point with the digital cluster I would be interested in that but I believe getting it to work may be harder than doing so with the 350 cluster due to changes Ford will have made to achieve the all digital setup. I would bet as built data will need modified. None the less, I’d love to see the gt350 cluster in your car and working as soon as you get a chance to get a video on it. Hopefully it’s a simple swap after you have the ODO updated and we can close the book on it. Plug and play FTW! Hopefully lol

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Color

Wonder if the my color would work on it?
No!

Still working on that.

Fog Light Indicator worked when First Installed. After reprogramming, Indicator does not work. Lights do work however. Can only tell at night when you can see changes on and off outside the car.

Driver’s Side Door Chime Dingss all the time the Door is Open.

Lots to work out still.

Auto Indicator Lights On Console only work when headlight Switch is on. Never noticed before I did the swap, so someone who has done the swap will have to tell me.

Auto Trans Gear Indications in 350 Cluster does not have LEDs soldered to the Circuit Board.

Mode Switches on Center Console don’t work. You have no Control of Modes. They don’t appear in the 350 Cluster Info Display. You need to swap out the Mode Switch Circuit Board with one from a 350 to get those back.

18 Analog Cluster has Digital Speed in the Info Display like the 350 does.

Probably the same Display, but may have Circuit Board differences.

calebdnehus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT
No!

Still working on that.

Fog Light Indicator worked when First Installed. After reprogramming, Indicator does not work. Lights do work however. Can only tell at night when you can see changes on and off outside the car.

Driver’s Side Door Chime Dingss all the time the Door is Open.

Lots to work out still.

Auto Indicator Lights On Console only work when headlight Switch is on. Never noticed before I did the swap, so someone who has done the swap will have to tell me.

Auto Trans Gear Indications in 350 Cluster does not have LEDs soldered to the Circuit Board.

Mode Switches on Center Console don’t work. You have no Control of Modes. They don’t appear in the 350 Cluster Info Display. You need to swap out the Mode Switch Circuit Board with one from a 350 to get those back.

18 Analog Cluster has Digital Speed in the Info Display like the 350 does.

Probably the same Display, but may have Circuit Board differences.
So it sounds like an 18 analog cluster may be notebook friendly with 17 and back cars. Just wish it would extend beyond 160

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Got the vid. So I put the 350 cluster back in and the radio works as normal. I moved the car just a bit and nothing shut off. There does not appear to be anything stopping the car which is odd.

I should have checked the steering modes on the base to see if they work lol but I don't want to do it again. Ill get the video up in a bit. The 18 analog should be the same hat as the other clusters just have the issue of the mileage and other data. 18 digital should work if the harness is the same.

I am going to check around and see if I can get the ODO changed now and go from there.

Sponsored

calebdnehus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT
Got the vid. So I put the 350 cluster back in and the radio works as normal. I moved the car just a bit and nothing shut off. There does not appear to be anything stopping the car which is odd.

I should have checked the steering modes on the base to see if they work lol but I don't want to do it again. Ill get the video up in a bit. The 18 analog should be the same hat as the other clusters just have the issue of the mileage and other data. 18 digital should work if the harness is the same.

I am going to check around and see if I can get the ODO changed now and go from there.
Awesome, glad to hear it appears to work. Aside from the quirks JWS pointed out, this seems to be the way to go.

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Yeah the big difference will be that the GT350 cluster will have to be purchased new and installed like how JWS did it since there are just no used clusters out there. The route I am taking will apply to the 18 analog clusters and possibly the digital clusters since there will be a ton on the used market. Will have to see what happens once I get the ODO changed.

[ame]

calebdnehus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT
Yeah the big difference will be that the GT350 cluster will have to be purchased new and installed like how JWS did it since there are just no used clusters out there. The route I am taking will apply to the 18 analog clusters and possibly the digital clusters since there will be a ton on the used market. Will have to see what happens once I get the ODO changed.

How is your install differing from JWS? Are doing it in a way to avoid the quarks he experienced? Also, you think the 18 analog will pose less issues than what JWS experienced with his 350 cluster?

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
JWS bought the cluster through the dealer and had the mileage programed by Ford, etc, I bought my cluster used so I can either do the same and send my used one in as a core or try to just have the ODO changed on it which seems to be all it needs for what I want of it.

What I was meaning is that these 350 clusters will rarely come up for sale but there will be plenty of 2018 clusters (more analog than digital though). If for example Ford can only change the mileage and such then it presents an issue that forces any swaps to go thru Ford. The 2018 analog cluster should be very similar to the 2015-2017 cluster and should be plug and play. I would say base for base and premium for premium. Of course the mileage would need to be swapped which is what I am going to attempt to do. If I succeed then it will help with the future swaps.

calebdnehus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT
JWS bought the cluster through the dealer and had the mileage programed by Ford, etc, I bought my cluster used so I can either do the same and send my used one in as a core or try to just have the ODO changed on it which seems to be all it needs for what I want of it.

What I was meaning is that these 350 clusters will rarely come up for sale but there will be plenty of 2018 clusters (more analog than digital though). If for example Ford can only change the mileage and such then it presents an issue that forces any swaps to go thru Ford. The 2018 analog cluster should be very similar to the 2015-2017 cluster and should be plug and play. I would say base for base and premium for premium. Of course the mileage would need to be swapped which is what I am going to attempt to do. If I succeed then it will help with the future swaps.
Oh okay, I got you know. I like the RPM layout on the 18 analog more so than I do on my 17. I would like to use the digital or gt350 cluster but foresee it being harder than the analog. I wonder if anyone will figure out how to change the digital cluster to show higher speedo or redline? I'm sure its possible being that it is a digital cluster
Sponsored