Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Never thought id see you put the word stock & king in the same sentence Gibbo! Must be some difference

Tried so many different combinations that I am of conclusion a CAI does next to nothing on these cars and on a hot day in traffic will probably lose power and CAI's have no RAM AIR effect, whereas the stock box does if you mod it a little.

Nothing new though, I've being banging this drum for a while, I just think the stock box is perfected now with some new findings I discovered. Gotta be good for 455-460HP with a custom tune and power always there and no drive ability issues caused sometimes by large maf ID tubes.

Will post up later, in progress as some of the stuff is FREE and all of you can do it.
Sponsored

KevD

0-60 Instructor Team DS.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
balls
Tried so many different combinations that I am of conclusion a CAI does next to nothing on these cars and on a hot day in traffic will probably lose power and CAI's have no RAM AIR effect, whereas the stock box does if you mod it a little.

Nothing new though, I've being banging this drum for a while, I just think the stock box is perfected now with some new findings I discovered. Gotta be good for 455-460HP with a custom tune and power always there and no drive ability issues caused sometimes by large maf ID tubes.

Will post up later, in progress as some of the stuff is FREE and all of you can do it.
You still at 4.7s?

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Winter coming should solve the hot day thing Gibbo :thumbsup:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got to say Gibbo, this is a massive change from all your biging up of the set up on your build thread #confused :confused::shrug:

Read my thread stock intake was always a champion on IAT's, always said that, nothing changes.

What makes power on these cars is manifolds both intake and exhaust. They love them!!

Throttle bodies do nothing, 350 TB adds a little and drives beautiful with a good tune, but without a manifold upgrade a TB adds zero.

CAI again, does so little, yes on the GT 350 setup the stock CAI would I imagine hold you back, the 350 Mani, Cobrajet mani can flow a lot more and to meet the flow demand a larger maf ID and bigger filter area helps.

Put it like this if a 350 mani, 350 TB and 350 CAI makes 500HP. Then a 350 mani, stock TB and stock intake probably can make 480HP.

But stock car, stock mani, stock TB, stock CAI if it can make 455-460HP, then what is the point of a CAI if the gain is only 5-10HP on a cold day with one of the best like the PMAS, the rest are proven to make next to zero. Hood down, warm day, I reckon modded stock CAI just as good as a CAI.

This is no change, I said this a year ago!
I tried PMAS, it made 30HP more than my SCT Tune and stock intake, I would bet most came from Lund extracting every last pony from my setup as they maxed out spark based on ONLY ever using Vpower, plus the hood was open and that day was like -3c which helps.

But as I mentioned PMAS was nice, but stock drove nicer, intake or Lunds tune unknown but larger maf ID looses throttle resolution.

The 350 TB and 350 CAI maintains smooth drive ability because Ford spent years engineering it and is why that setup drives so good, plus its their flagship setup.

To think that PMAS (man in the shed) can release an intake that works flawless in all environments, makes more power, better fuel economy, better drive ability just aint gonna happen.

The only other company who do as much R&D as Ford for the V8 is Roush, in fact FRPP and Roush are literally next door to each other.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You still at 4.7s?
4.8s stock car so far, no tune, no filter, no launch control, stock.

Tried LC, did not measure on both attempts, seems like LC and track apps won't work together, or I was doing it wrong, was just stopping on a pubic road, then booting it, probably rushed it. Shame one of the LC launches felt super strong, looked down and it was still saying press OK, DOH and the other launch bogged so was nothing special and it did not measure that.

Might have another go tomorrow, seems on stock tune I can literally sidestep clutch and nothing abrupt happens, when tune was on it just smoked the tyres like they grew on trees. :D

Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I must be reading it all wrong, silly me :confused: magnets will probably use this in defence of his painting at a later point :lol:

Must say Gibbo, yer sequential indicators are the bomb :thumbsup:

Hats off to Capitan Pug, or anyone doing that with just the wheelwell open and on their back :thumbsup:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I must be reading it all wrong, silly me :confused: magnets will probably use this in defence of his painting at a later point :lol:
I've always said stock box shits on CAI's, so i'll take that as a WIN for me.. CAI only really seems to do anything when you're at high power. I know the eco engine, and trust me, running a CAI on that you may as well halve the cylinders again.

Painting... right. new technique. I set a black decal under black paint as you can see in picture 1...

I then overlayed a red outline around this to make it look at feel like the words are indented but also sticking out at the same time (pictures dont do this technique justice)

I then finally glossed it (I'll wetsand it tomorrow to perfect it)

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks pretty gash magnets to be frank

KevD

0-60 Instructor Team DS.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
balls
Magnets, it looks a bit too obvious. I think all black and without your name would rule.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Looks pretty gash magnets to be frank
Better than looking like a Dick :p!

[MENTION=27602]KevD[/MENTION] i did think that at times, but, it should suit when i reinstall it.

I like it regardless so :paddle:

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You like dick, don't you magnets?

I was only saying it was gash because it's kinda half arsed, i.e. You've not smoothed the plastic down

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know this would do nothing for IAT but you just would wouldn't you!

http://www.borlainduction.com/200125-v8-kit-ford-coyote-50-semi-crossram-35mm-air-horn.html

Imagine that with a carbon air box on it and ram air pipes

Your IAT would be destroyed, you'd lose so much power, but you'd make all the girls cry and the boys wet themselves when it fired up.

My M3 runs similar, but closed in a carbon air box, for a little 3.2 six she sounds magical on induction, shame sounds like a wasp from exhaust. Some guys do scrap the carbon box and in short put socks over the six throttle bodies, the sound is godly.

So a V8 coyote would sound insane!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
You like dick, don't you magnets?

I was only saying it was gash because it's kinda half arsed, i.e. You've not smoothed the plastic down
It's smooth as fook it's just the lacquer finish that doesn't make it seem that way. Which is the wet sand. Nope, i'm into the gash matey :lol::lol:
Sponsored