GT350 Gauge Cluster Thread

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
That wasn't making sense to me either, but it makes a bit more sense now. So does he not have a GT350 IPC? If he does have one, I don't understand why his drive modes work but it doesn't for the rest of you guys with a GT350 IPC + GT FCIM.

He has the IPC, but he didn’t want to install it at the time. He was primarily interested in the Satin Bezel, as everything in the 350 is Satin. The 18s went to Satin too, so I guess it’s cheaper for Ford to carry one set of interior components from here on.

I don't think you'll get anywhere by using a GT350 FCIM, since the GT350 FCIM doesn't control drive modes. The switch for the GT350 is on the steering wheel pad and doesn't go through the FCIM at all, it goes through the SCCM.
May be, but right now I’m still missing some GT menu items and Systems. Can’t hurt. Could install the SCCM, but which one? One for a 350 will take care of the Mode Switches, but move the Audio to the cruise side, which will preclude Adaptive Cruise Control. One for a GT with all the options, will preclude the Mode Switches from working. Any chance there are two SCCMs? The Shop Manual only indicates there is one, as far as I can see. If the FCIM Board allows the menu items to show and the ability to control modes through the Info Display, then I’m OK.
Sponsored

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Shifts Lights

I am going to start messing with the as built data and wanted to add the GT350 HUD shift lights. However I cant find the part number for it. I can only find the Collision warning/adaptive cruise(dont know which one) version of the lights. Anyone have the GT350 shift light part number?
I believe they are the same, but get a 350 VIN and ask your Parts Person to check. The Connector is stowed in the Defroster Panel and mates-up fine. To get that Panel out, you have to Disconnect the Battery and pull the Pillar Covers (Air Bags!) Disconnect the speaker Connectors and most of the Dash, because you have to pull the speaker panel. Even then, it’s a mess. If you’re going to be changing the SCCM or the Steering Wheel Switch Modules, you’re better off pulling the Steering Wheel. Sort of like with the IPC. Better to have the Wheel off.

Like I said before, you want to only do this once, so have all your Mods ready to go.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
350 Modes and Shift Lights

From the Photos, you can see they can be Controlled and Slected by the Arrow Switches, so you shouldn’t need the Mode Switches on the Wheel.
5ACFCF63-C1C5-4772-9E47-B1E81EB4F144.jpeg
60BDD45D-BF2E-46B3-8188-F5B6090F8906.jpeg
F6F14A07-3453-445A-8E4E-B6369AD44E5E.jpeg
119F3665-EFBD-44F6-A39E-E6D323D71D10.jpeg

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
What he said.

Again... I don't believe, based on the sum of the parts you plan on putting together, that it's possible to get what you want.

If you want adaptive cruise and a digital speedo, I think your only option may be a 2018 cluster swap.

Sponsored

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
So what I have gathered is:

The swap works, but depending on what you have, accessories won't work.

I have a 2016 Premium PP GT and understand I would lose:

-MyColor
-Being able to select Drive Modes with center stack toggle
-Being able to select steering wheel feel with center stack toggle
-Lose fog light indicator (which is cool since I have a fog light delete)

Otherwise the mileage would be off unless reprogrammed.

If that is really all the issues, and they can be bypassed through the menu and steering wheel buttons, then I'm all in.

I have been dying to get a cluster that can keep up with the car itself. Going 160 is cake in the car, and I would like to know how fast I'm going when trying to keep these Lambo's in check:D

The tach is the big thing for me. It is so damn hard to see through the mess on the GT tach. I have a shift light now but still would like to have a clean view of the needle and it's relative position.

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
So what I have gathered is:

The swap works, but depending on what you have, accessories won't work.

I have a 2016 Premium PP GT and understand I would lose:

-MyColor
-Being able to select Drive Modes with center stack toggle
-Being able to select steering wheel feel with center stack toggle
-Lose fog light indicator (which is cool since I have a fog light delete)

Otherwise the mileage would be off unless reprogrammed.

If that is really all the issues, and they can be bypassed through the menu and steering wheel buttons, then I'm all in.

I have been dying to get a cluster that can keep up with the car itself. Going 160 is cake in the car, and I would like to know how fast I'm going when trying to keep these Lambo's in check:D

The tach is the big thing for me. It is so damn hard to see through the mess on the GT tach. I have a shift light now but still would like to have a clean view of the needle and it's relative position.
The cluster is so freaking nice if you do the swap I have been enjoying the digital speedo a ton too. Tach is perfect.

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Bump my cluster is still working great 10k miles later :)

Sponsored

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Bump my cluster is still working great 10k miles later :)
Thinking about this for next year. With so much working on the 19s, it would probably solve 99% of my problems to activate Rear Sensors, Active Exhaust, MagneRide and Adaptive Cruise Control. And, getting back all the Functions I lost. Since I’m going more for Luxury than Performance, the Digital Cluster would fit in better. Although, I just finished all the 350 mods (except for future Bling stuff) in the engine compartment.

Will have to see if the 500 goes with the 10 Speed Auto and Digital Dash. That could be the final piece of the Mechanical Mod Puzzle. Then I would know if everything will work as One Unit.

The 350 Cluster has been working great and the car now has 32,000 miles. However, there are still some limitations on the amount of data that can be displayed at the same time, that the Digital Cluster would take care of. I think the 500 Cluster will be the Key.

The GT500 Cluster will definitely be something to think about, but the problem now is that the 500 probably wont have the reverse sensors and Adsptive Cruise Control. May also skimp on Lighting Color, etc. which means more programming. Plus it may only work with the 7 Speed Dual Clutch. And, to get the Engine and Transmission, I'd still have to get a Special Tune to swap the Supercharger for the 350 Intake Manifold. Hood would be nice, though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Yeah I am expecting the GT500 to get a special version of the digital cluster just waiting for it to come out :)

Reactions: JWS

diegoaccord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Lancer Evolution X, 325i E46
So, if I have a base GT, I can pretty much expect everything except mileage to be good?

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Magneride is possible on certain GTs with Performance Pack, for sure on 2017s.

Mileage isn’t an issue, several companies will correct it for you.

Wraith272

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Magneride is possible on certain GTs with Performance Pack, for sure on 2017s.

Mileage isn’t an issue, several companies will correct it for you.
Has the Magneride swap been completed successfully? I saw the TMO thread about DSC, but haven't seen results anywhere. That's one thing from the GT350 I'd be VERY interested in equipping my GT with
Sponsored