Sponsored

McLeod rst clutch/flywheel/throwout bearing and sr performance steel clutch line

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(No longer have this lemon, 2020 on its way) 2018 magnetic gt
I have just under 500mi breaking it in, majority of the miles are highway though. I'm getting a slight shudder from a stop and in reverse. Will this go away as the clutch is broken in or do I have a problem? Clutch was installed at a shop. Any of you guys with a similar experience during break in?
Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
id do more stop and go driving its better for break in . i know on my others cars ive done clutches in thats all i ever did to break it in .hopefully it didnt glaze anything ,long as your not staying at one rpm alot .. i mean some shutter happens with some clutches long as its nothing crazy or the disc isnt glazed it should go away

OP
OP
magneticgrey_manstick

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah outside of the work commute which is mostly freeway, I don't put many miles on the car. Just planned on stretching the miles out for break in. I use cruise a lot on the freeway, guess I'll stop that huh

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I have an RXT twin disk. It shudders in first and reverse. I just slip it a little more and it's fine. Not sure how different the material is for the RST.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
I rarely notice shuddering with my RST, but that may be because I've gotten used to it or I've adjusted my technique to avoid it. The chattering (which is heard more than felt) is very much present at high load, low speed situations like turning onto a side street in 3rd at like 10 mph.

Sponsored

OP
OP
magneticgrey_manstick

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I've noticed the chatter a couple times when making a slow turn at low rpm. I still have a good amount of breaking in to do, I'll see how things end up after that. I've got that itchy foot wanting to go above 3k shifts though lol

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have an RST on my stroker '05 and it's been smooth since day 1. Twin discs should be very smooth on engagement because of the 2 discs both have to go through the engagement process. RXT won't be quite as smooth due to the friction material.

OP
OP
magneticgrey_manstick

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have an RST on my stroker '05 and it's been smooth since day 1. Twin discs should be very smooth on engagement because of the 2 discs both have to go through the engagement process. RXT won't be quite as smooth due to the friction material.
I'm hearing a lot of people having it go away after break in and others saying like you it was smooth from the get go. Taking the freeway miles out of the mix, I have around 250ish city miles on the clutch. I'm going to at least allow it to be fully broken in and see how it goes during that

OP
OP
magneticgrey_manstick

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shit, just realized McLeod states in "bold letters" to have traction control turned off during break in. It's been on the entire time

Sponsored
OP
OP
magneticgrey_manstick

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear you, I'm just getting in my head now. I'm done now lol

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'm hearing a lot of people having it go away after break in and others saying like you it was smooth from the get go. Taking the freeway miles out of the mix, I have around 250ish city miles on the clutch. I'm going to at least allow it to be fully broken in and see how it goes during that
Give it some time and see what happens. Traction control being on or off shouldn't matter especially if you haven't been beating on it.
Sponsored