Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I entered my first ever show and shine today with the Mustang. Felt a bit out of place being the only S550 amongst a raft of older chrome bumpered cars but it was an great experience.

Was that the AFD Canberra?

Sponsored

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
I didn't Slip and Slide in the wet!

Well Sydney finally got plenty of rain and for the first time since I fitted the new Michelin Pilot 4S tyres I was able to drive in the wet - WHAT A REVELATION.

Its not the CAR its was the complete crap rubber it came with, yes those dangerous in the wet Pirelli PZero's.

I put the new Michelin's through their paces in a couple of safe places to do so and if these aren't the best tires in the wet I'm not typing this! No wheel spin at all with decent acceleration, stuck like glue round corners, even in rough patches, just an amazing difference. Oh they are just completely stellar in the dry as well!!

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Well Sydney finally got plenty of rain and for the first time since I fitted the new Michelin Pilot 4S tyres I was able to drive in the wet - WHAT A REVELATION.

Its not the CAR its was the complete crap rubber it came with, yes those dangerous in the wet Pirelli PZero's.

I put the new Michelin's through their paces in a couple of safe places to do so and if these aren't the best tires in the wet I'm not typing this! No wheel spin at all with decent acceleration, stuck like glue round corners, even in rough patches, just an amazing difference. Oh they are just completely stellar in the dry as well!!
I agree - I think the time has come to replace mine.

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

apart from the slippery when when wet p - zero.. i am actually concerned about the front end more than the rear end. maybe due to my driving style and/or lack of driving skill.. i find the front end understeer allot.. does the new tyres help ease the issue abit ?

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
My rear PZeros are getting low on tread and they were somewhat dangerous this morning.
About to order new wheels and tyres, so it’s all good :)

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
apart from the slippery when when wet p - zero.. i am actually concerned about the front end more than the rear end. maybe due to my driving style and/or lack of driving skill.. i find the front end understeer allot.. does the new tyres help ease the issue abit ?
I haven't found the front end ever an issue, but I can assure you that the Michelin Pilot 4S are dramatically better all around. I also have 275's at the front now and 305's at the rear.

Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
With the understeer be aware that the Mustang turns like a boat even when at very low speeds, so it may be restrictions due to the length of the wheelbase and how hard the tyres can be turned and not grip related.

alexcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Magnetic
0BcHzyB.jpg

GT350R wheel, paddle shift extenders, and most importantly red start button!

Have the white madness chrome shifter still to install, worried about pulling up the plastic surround and not breaking anything.

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
0BcHzyB.jpg

GT350R wheel, paddle shift extenders, and most importantly red start button!

Have the white madness chrome shifter still to install, worried about pulling up the plastic surround and not breaking anything.
First post, congratulations.

Tell us about your ride :)

alexcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Magnetic
Not much to tell so far except I'm loving it! Had it a couple of months now. The wheel and extenders have changed the experience nicely.

Next mod will be a catback, leaning towards the Xforce varex, I want to be able to run quiet sometimes. Would love the roush active system, bit too expensive for me at the moment. Its a daily driver in heavy sydney traffic, I like the idea of having a quiet "taxi" when I want it and a beast other times.

Would also like to do the DRL mod, not sure who in Sydney to take it to though for a reasonable price.

My last car was a 2010 FPV F6, traded it in and am very happy. This car feels like an event every time you get in it.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Any exhaust is quiet when you don’t push your foot down :)
Sponsored