Sponsored

MY18 REVIEWS: The thread to put the press/owner reviews of MY18

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

The first review of MY18 has being published, its not a performance review so no performance data but more a driving review and one point of interest the reviewer makes with Ford engineer. If a car is specified with Magneride it also gets the GT 350 hubs, bigger wheel bearings and other suspension components to compliment that option. Which I guess explains the high sticker price somewhat as your also getting other improved suspension parts. The reviewer concludes with best Mustang GT ever:

[ame]

Official press NDA lift I believe is next week, so should see a lot more reviews and videos for this thread then. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Owner takes delivery:

[ame]

I cannot believe how Ford have made the MY18 sound so much better, even the none active exhaust as on this car I believe sounds great. Even the active in quiet mode sounds better than the MY15's pathetic stock exhaust did.

Avalyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Active exhaust sounds really nice, and mag ride also looks like a decently engineered job.

I'll keep my front end and my nice analogue gauges .. I don't like the track mode at all with the strip rev counter .. I'd rather it followed the Audi look with a bigger central dial for revs.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Got to admit, i'm starting to like the dash and don't have that much of a issue with the front
I suppose if I had a Euro Stang, with the improvements and toys that are coming over here, I would be a lot more interested.
But the 2 things I really love on my Stang, is the California Special look and my hood indicators, every time they blink, I think "how cool"
So for me, I would be losing 2 massive things I love about my 16

:eyebulge:

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another driving review:

[ame]

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[ame]

I hope its not funky camera angles but my god do the magneride cars seem to sit real nice, definetely a lower in ride height.

Sorry to the MY18 haters but no MY15 looked this good out the gates apart from GT 350. For a factory stock car the PP/Magneride option is a gorgeous looking thing out the box.

But the base MY18's with balloon tyres, standard suspension just look god aweful. PP/Mag cars look epic and PP2 even more so. :)

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Wow, it already looks like it’s been lowered! Very nice!

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, it already looks like it’s been lowered! Very nice!
Yep also interesting that mag ride cars also get 350 hubs, 350 bearings and 350 rear lower arms and same equal coiled springs. The more 350 stuff underpinning the car the better. :)

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Left overs from the parts box...

Joking aside this is all very good. Putting in some GT350 specific lowering springs should be no problem (if needed)

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Getting excited now :headbang::ford:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So is the new model pretty much a 350 with a coyote engine?

Yet to be confirmed, it seems adding magneride option changes a lot more on the car than just shocks, it seems selecting the option results in following changes:
- Magnetic dampers with wet, normal, sport, track and drag modes
- Different springs (350 maybe?)
- Further uprated anti roll bars over PP1, maybe 350 swaybars?
- GT 350 rear lower arms
- GT 350 larger hubs
- GT 350 wheel bearings
- GT 350 springs or new GT springs

Until a tuner, reviewer gets a 350 with magneride and a GT with magneride side by side and checks the underpinnings we will not know for sure.

All Ford say with magneride option is it comes with revised swaybars and springs to match the improved handling ability of the system, but goes into no real detail as to what additional changes are made.

In short the magneride seems like an absolute must have as your not just getting a superb damper that gives great flexibility, it seems it could be giving GT's essentially 350 underpinnings which would essentially give you a GT with close to 350 handling, particular if you option forged wheels too. Only downsides being GT is a touch heavier and has less power, though the GT with A10 is quicker than a GT 350R at all points acceleration wise, from stand still, from a roll, accelerating out of a corner etc. GT 350 still has advantage under braking though, more powerful and lighter brakes.

Of course it makes perfect sense to use what they already have and spent time/money developing (GT 350 magneride) than having to re-develop it all over again for the GT. Ford like saving money!

GT 350 R brakes, SVE 350R wheels would be a nice upgrade for the new GT's and maybe lowering springs or just 350R springs maybe. :)

Wilksy288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seat!
Thanks for that! So surely this new model is going to effect the sales of the gt350 no?
Also why are ford being so quiet with this new model? It seems like they don't really want to sell it, especially over here.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for that! So surely this new model is going to effect the sales of the gt350 no?
Also why are ford being so quiet with this new model? It seems like they don't really want to sell it, especially over here.

Ford US are doing great marketing, by just releasing a bit at a time, it keeps people hooked and desperate for more snippets.

Here in the UK its more a case of their priority is no doubt to shift the old gen model as Ford UK have three options:

1. Keep MY18 hush hush in the hope the current model will sell at full retail or with little discount.
2. Discount old model heavily destroying residuals, not a great option.
3. MY18 price is going to be quite good and announcing it now would kill sales of the old model.

As such it is best Ford go with option 1, then if that fails option 2 and then they can move to option 3. :)

Why would it effect GT 350 sales, people seem to miss the point, a SHELBY is a SHELBY, so even if its slower, its still a SHELBY, a very special limited edition car which has a powertrain completely unique to it (FPC & Tremec). Does not matter how much faster GT becomes, Ford will always easily sell all of the slower Shelby without issue, its a special car, VERY SPECIAL. GT is a mass produced car, albeit a fast one and a bargain.

Also remember none of this is confirmed, I have asked in US section to see if anyone can confirm what changes selecting magneride truly gives.

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
Carl Widmanns comment in the video in Post 1 says it all really, (around 2:55 in the video)

They had to upgrade to 350 suspension parts to remove the structural compliance they had in the stock suspension, so that magneride can work more effectively.

I.E. the stock setup is so flimsy we had to beef it up as magneride imparts more force into parts not really designed for it.
Sponsored