GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. Ford found a bug in the 3.0 release and has withdrawn it from availability. Even dealers can’t presently install it, making 2.3 the official “current” version until Ford makes a newer version available upon completion of its big hunt.
I just tried it and I do see 3.0 available for download..maybe try a different vin
Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

I just tried it and I do see 3.0 available for download..maybe try a different vin
I just tried it, once you click on the available for download button I get the "service unavailable" notice. Not that I need version 3.0, my 2.0 works just fine at the moment.

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
I just tried it, once you click on the available for download button I get the "service unavailable" notice. Not that I need version 3.0, my 2.0 works just fine at the moment.
Zackly, as I explained earlier.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Yep. Ford found a bug in the 3.0 release and has withdrawn it from availability. Even dealers can’t presently install it, making 2.3 the official “current” version until Ford makes a newer version available upon completion of its big hunt.
Can be installed if following my instructions though. The bug doesnt exist in the OS itself.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
is yours with or without nav? I can share a vin for either

wolflegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Hi Guys, so finally the dealer updated my 2016 mustang sync to sync 3 ver 3.0, and I say finally cause I was trying to update the system by my self but it kept saying not enough space on the USB while trying the update from sync 3 ver 1.0 to 2 (tried several usb's with same result). Now the problem is that I am on sync 3 version 3.0 but I don't have the Android Auto icon or function under settings or any place, I called Ford customer service and they told me that it was weird since I was already on ver 3.0 and told me he was going to escalate it. Does anyone else had the same issue not seeing the android auto on sync 3 ver 3.0??

Thanks,

wolflegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
You need to connect an Android Auto device to Sync3 for the menu option to appear - and if you have troubles with that working, try a different cable.
awesome, that was the problem. I bought a new cable and now android auto works fine, so I think that the cable that I had was not OEM after all.
Thank you asteele.

Deleted member 35786

Sync 3 version 3.0 finally downloading from Ford website. Wish me luck as I attempt to upgrade from 2.0.

Sponsored

HypeBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Auto
I went ahead and got this done on my non-nav sync 3. I can't get waze to work for me though, even through Android Auto.

Deleted member 35786

I tried to update mine using the USB method as explain on fords website to no avail. Car goes in next week for some warranty work so I will just have the dealer do it. TBH my non nav Sync 3 version 2.0 works perfect. :)

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I will have to try this out. I stopped using AA because of the constant restarts.
see I didnt know that I stopped using it before that happened.
Sponsored