Sponsored

Washing Method in this Situation

PrabhtheStig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR 2015 GT Premium Auto, 3.55, nav, premiers trim
Hey guys. I dont have my car yet but it has been ordered with instructions of no prep to the dealer. I own a couple of car washes and can do them for free. (TOUCHLESS) I know, a car guy's dream. For the first wash since I dont want the dealer swirling my car up, its ok to do a touchless wash right?
Can I continue to use my touchless washes forever or should I invest in a arsenal of Adam's Polishes?
I will hand wash and wax once in a while but want to get feedback on if I'm set with these touch less washes.
Sponsored

khaosryder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
'15 RR 100A EB PP
I'm not an expert on the matter, but I hear touchless are almost as bad as car washes with brushes with all the harsh chemicals and high pressure jets they use.

Receiving my Ruby Red EB next week and will be hand washing/waxing, wouldn't want to take any risks :D

Last edited:

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I only use touch less in a pinch. I always have a decent coat of sealant on my car.

OP
OP

PrabhtheStig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR 2015 GT Premium Auto, 3.55, nav, premiers trim
It's just ok pressure, soap, coat, dry. Can't be that bad right? BTW it's race red.

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It's just ok pressure, soap, coat, dry. Can't be that bad right? BTW it's race red.
Slightly off topic, I don't have time to hand wash my car, and I don't have the money to pay someone to do it. I've taken the car through the wash a few times, and a couple of times through touchless. So far, it looks nice and no issues.

I've done research on car washes and it seems like a lot of people are bashing on it rather than giving a good reason for why it's bad. The only reason I hear is that car washes will eventually scratch your car and that's because of the dirt that accumulates on the brushes. But I also read that with the advances in technology, it is hard to attract dirt on those brushes.

With touchless, I read the same thing - that the harsh chemical will damage your paint. But what I didn't read is how soon will you see it. Is it within a year or a few years. There is nothing on that. If it's soon, then we have a problem. But if it's a few years, I don't see a problem for those who are looking to get a new car in a few years (like me).

I was going to post this somewhere soon. But I thought I include this here for now. My post will pose something in more detail.

Sponsored

khaosryder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
'15 RR 100A EB PP
There are usually a few factors that can make any automated car wash lets say "unoptimal", and it might be different from one car wash to another.

Things like fine dust in the brushes, heavy-duty soaps and the fact that some car washes recycle water without good enough filtering will all definitely affect your paint.

The exact effect it has on your paint and the time it takes for you to notice will depend on how often you go to the car wash and how bad the above factors are at your car wash. It also comes down to what you personally tolerate as acceptable paint condition.

At the end of the day it's your car so go with what you feel comfortable with and I guess even a car wash is better than no wash!!

Last edited:

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
There are usually a few factors that can make any automated car wash lets say "unoptimal", and it might be different from one car wash to another.

Things like fine dust in the brushes, heavy-duty soaps and the fact that some car washes recycle water without good enough filtering will all definitely affect your paint.

The exact effect it has on your paint and the time it takes for you to notice will depend on how often you go to the car wash and how bad the above factors are at your car wash. It also comes down to what you personally tolerate as acceptable paint condition.

At the end of the day it's your car so go with what you feel comfortable with and I guess even a car wash is better than no wash!!
Thank you for your feedback. I wonder if one can inquiry about the carwash to determine the answers to the factors you mentioned. I have gone to one in town, and even the professional detailers say to go to them if you don't have time.

But you're right. It's your car and go with what you feel comfortable. :headbang:
Sponsored