Sponsored

E85 Flex fuel questions. (Economics, purchasing advice)

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Thanks all, great info! I didn't find any detail like that from Google.
Sponsored

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
DarkestHour is spot-on. I wish I never got my PMAS intake and just did a drop in filter in the stock box.
You can still do this you know. If you're still in the 3 month period just ask for a stock airbox FF tune so you can see if you prefer the IAT's. That way i don't have to see you guys bitch about the PMAS temps on a weekly basis. I keed i keed.. :D

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
You can still do this you know. If you're still in the 3 month period just ask for a stock airbox FF tune so you can see if you prefer the IAT's. That way i don't have to see you guys bitch about the PMAS temps on a weekly basis. I keed i keed.. :D
Curious thoughts on enclosed CAI like the 2018 Roush or Steeda vs stock box with drop in... I would think IAT's would be very comparable...

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Curious thoughts on enclosed CAI like the 2018 Roush or Steeda vs stock box with drop in... I would think IAT's would be very comparable...
Honestly....i would stick with the stock with drop in. Although i have never tried the other two. The 2018 Roush looks pretty damn sharp i must admit. Overpriced though, just like most.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Honestly....i would stick with the stock with drop in. Although i have never tried the other two. The 2018 Roush looks pretty damn sharp i must admit. Overpriced though, just like most.
But looks are important. :)

I think many if the CAIs tend to be HAIs. Hell, in some car models people stick them all the way behind the engine??

But I'd assume those enclosed systems should be similar to factory.

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
That depends on conditions. One of the guys here compared his PMAS to the Injen closed intake in traffic on a very hot day (they were driving together), they were pretty much identically fucked. The difference was the PMAS temps dropped much quicker when they got moving.

So the closed intake will take longer to heat up, but similarly longer to cool down once it gets up there. There are pros and cons to each

OP
OP
Nugatti

Nugatti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Thanks for the love internet know-it-alls and others, and no problem with the jacking
I got all the answers I was looking for. So what is right and what is wrong? Gimme a sign

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you purchase the FF tune you can also ask for the E85 race tune(E85 only).

From lund with no charge? I have the FF tune didn't know you could ask for a E-85 race tune I bought it like 2 months ago. I have like 3 e85 pumps like less then 5 miles away. I would love to have the E-85 race tune
Race tune is off its head. Brings the timing in a little more aggressive off the bottom from what I can see.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The CAIs with the larger MAF diameter and large cone filters WILL flow better above 6500 rpm. That's where they'll beat a stock box with a filter, even with the mishimoto induction tube. That said, unless you're doing drag racing or can take full advantage of that extra flow at high rpm (with a intake manifold change), it's probably not worth it.

HardWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base Oxford White
Just got a response from Lund they informed me that they can do it but its a 50 dollar charge for review of logs and tune? I just order flex on May 23 so I should still be in the window. I am not sure if it is worth they said I make power I may not over my Flex Fuel.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Just got a response from Lund they informed me that they can do it but its a 50 dollar charge for review of logs and tune? I just order flex on May 23 so I should still be in the window. I am not sure if it is worth they said I make power I may not over my Flex Fuel.
Worth the $50 but it shouldn't cost you anything because you are still in the window(and i would reply stating as such). And the race tune is a whole 'nother animal in that you get noticeable gains in the low and mid range.

EDITED - to add i give kudo's to Lund for wanting logs to make sure everything is ok instead of just throwing the cookie cutter at you. Still should be free though.

Last edited:

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Thanks for the love internet know-it-alls and others, and no problem with the jacking
I got all the answers I was looking for. So what is right and what is wrong? Gimme a sign
Where did you get the 25% tax figure?

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
This is not true. Lund does not require an upgrade on 2015+ injectors.
Yep you are right I asked Lund as I am thinking about getting a flex tune and they only require injectors if you have anything other than the stock intake manifold.

HardWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base Oxford White
I received my E-85 race tune today. Thanks Sighlense. I would have never known this if you din't mention it.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
I received my E-85 race tune today. Thanks Sighlense. I would have never known this if you din't mention it.
You like? ;)
Sponsored