avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I found a graphic and wrap installers near to me and they have quoted about £400 inc vat for stripes either in the GT 350 style or the MY 18 off set style.Not sure what colours to use on a magnetic but double black stripe with white or silver pinstripe seems popular.My last venture with this with my 15 left me fuming as they got hairs trapped underneath and it all had to come off again.
Any help with colours or guide on pricing would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I found a graphic and wrap installers near to me and they have quoted about £400 inc vat for stripes either in the GT 350 style or the MY 18 off set style.Not sure what colours to use on a magnetic but double black stripe with white or silver pinstripe seems popular.My last venture with this with my 15 left me fuming as they got hairs trapped underneath and it all had to come off again.
Any help with colours or guide on pricing would be appreciated.
Hey Ted, pricing seems about right. I was quoted about £450 IIRC a while back for custom wide OTT matte black stripes.

18 is a little more tricky IMO with the hood vents sitting a little closer to the middle, means you can't go quite as wide. Personally I think gloss or matte would look good, but would lean towards gloss on the MY18. I actually think a same colour pin stripe would look good - with a 5-10mm gap in between.

I'm sure Tom won't mind me sharing - here are the wide stripes with white pins - which are damn pretty :love:
IMG_5237.JPG
IMG_5240.JPG
IMG_5241.JPG
IMG_5243.JPG
IMG_5264.JPG

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Those 18's are always looking so angry. :D

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I knew he had striped it and it looks great.
I like this as Well,maybe with a red pinstripe.
So many combinations
355344_5db9f98692be_low_res.jpg

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
Those 18's are always looking so angry. :D

^ That exactly.

So many people dissed the front of the 18 when pictures started coming through.

But I have loved it from day one, looks so much more mean and aggressive, and angry than previous ones.

Love all the mean looking sharp angles, and slants, in the styling.

I know it is each to their own, but I do have to giggle when a lot of the doubters start coming around and saying, "well its growing on me " and often come full circle, to " I actually really like it now" .

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
but I do have to giggle when a lot of the doubters start coming around and saying, "well its growing on me " and often come full circle, to " I actually really like it now" .
Not ashamed to admit I was one :lol: I was on the fence about ordering a GT & it was just before the first shots of the 18 came out so obviously I held fire, planning to make my decision purely based on the whether or not I preferred the looks of the face lift. I'm sure most of you will remember that rolling video of an Orange Fury (I think), which looked like a soft naff yellow and first impressions were "WTF is that", but now I really do like it - equally as nice as the 15-17 in my eyes, defo more aggressive & as you say, the sharp angles really stand out.

Black stripes with black pins - sorry for the naff pics, but you can see the effect on magnetic. I think it looks really cool :cool:
IMG_4506.jpg
IMG_4507.jpg

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That looks killer
I had matt black on my 15,it wasn't too bad to clean if you used the right detailing spray.
Satin black on magnetic might be the way to go

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
I paid £255 +VAT (£306) for the custom stripes. Very happy with them. As Kristian mentioned, the hood vents dictate the width of the stripes (unless you don't mind going over/around/under them).

I thought about a gap between the pins and the main stripe, but that would have meant thinner stripes which I wasn't willing to do - go wide or go home!

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
As much as i like almost all the stripes on the s550,its nice to look at something a little different.So on a wet day I've been researching 3m colours and what i think might go with magnetic apart from the usual black or silver.I also like the off set single stripe which looks good with a bright colour.Although this looks like a lighter colour than magnetic this combination i think works really well.
1525016435308700734285.jpg

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Booked in to have the stripes done in a couple of weeks time They seem very busy.Ive decided to go for the GT350 stripe with a outer pinstripe.They didnt go into much detail on how they do it but they have all the printers and wrap colours in stock.For those that have had them done do they print out the design,or do they lay out the stripe in what looks like masking tape that cuts and 3m wrap over that to achieve the stripe?

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
when they did mine they measured length of each section fed that into a computer put the vinyl on the cutter and it auto feeds and cuts the strips to the correct length and width needed for each strip and section then all they had to do was fit them on.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Mine was like magic. Left the car went to the pub had steak and ale pie and a shandy sat outside and read the paper. When I got back to the car it was done !!

Doesn't take too long and transforms the car ;)

NB They took the time to take any corners off as it helps to stop it peeling....

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Steak and ale pie lovely
Only a greasy spoon cafe near this place!

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Got it done last week
Managed to get facelift spoiler from Haynes maidstone
Its not cheap.
I might get it sprayed satin black along with the decklid as i think that will set it off.
20180602_121429-1600x1200.jpg
20180610_105716-1600x1200.jpg
20180610_105749-1600x1200.jpg

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Got it done last week
Managed to get facelift spoiler from Haynes maidstone
Its not cheap.
I might get it sprayed satin black along with the decklid as i think that will set it off.
Could work in satin, but remember how much of a pain satin paint is! :thumbsup:
Sponsored