OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for sharing the costs and outcomes. You certainly saved a shed load and have built a serious weapon. I was looking at something milder and easier to drive on the road. I was hoping the whipple would give it more low down grunt to compliment the power it makes up top. :cheers:
Well I HOPE it’s a weapon.. :eyebulge:
I honestly think it’ll deliver more kick off the bottom once I get a couple of things sorted. I’m remaining kinda tight-lipped about it because I don’t want to give false information. It seems I may have already done that once on this thread and if that proves to be correct, I’ll be making damn sure everyone knows about it. It matters.

Honestly, driveabilty isn’t brilliant at this point in time but I have a couple of cards up my sleeve yet, so it’s too early to call it.
Having said that, I’d like to thank Joe Santangelo from CMS in Sydney for a tip he gave me. A really nice guy, easy to talk to.

For anyone like yourself wanting more urge off the bottom, I’d HIGHLY recommend a flex fuel/e85 race tune before committing HUGE dollars into something like this. The urgency that e85 gives the car is simply amazing.
It’s cheap, it’s easy if you have easy access and it works VERY well.

Best of luck with it. :cheers:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What state are you in? If you're VIC, specifically Melbourne, there is a mob in the north west that have been highly recommended and tuned quite a few supercharged stangs. Apparently overcome the GT350 throttle body issue a lot of other tuners here have struggled with too
Hi there Hornet,
I’m in Victoria (Mildura).
There’s no doubt that there are some Aussies starting to properly wrap their heads around the tuning on these cars. It’s difficult, really really difficult.
Forced induction just adds a whole new layer to it because there’s so little margin for error when compared to NA tuning.

I’m reluctant to swap tuners at this point simply because I haven’t explored EVERY avenue just yet. I have a few ideas that may yield some results.
Hours upon hours of looking at logs, comparing them to others, reading how the strategies work, applying the logic etc etc gives a little insight into some fairly basic principles and what exactly might be causing some of the drama (which could in fact be hardware related)

Dustin Whipple has also been brilliant. I honestly can’t speak highly enough of the guy. He supports his product 100% even if you’re not even using their calibration. I think that speaks volumes about the way they do business.

I’ll be doing some testing over the coming days. Once that’s complete, I’ll have a better idea of where it’s at. :cheers:

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well kids don't lie and their reaction says it all , must be good !
That's great Brother.
Lol. They love it.
Little miss asks “are we going to supercharge?” every time I start the car now.
Little man is pretty sure it’s capable of time-travel :lol:

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Well I HOPE it’s a weapon.. :eyebulge:
I honestly think it’ll deliver more kick off the bottom once I get a couple of things sorted. I’m remaining kinda tight-lipped about it because I don’t want to give false information. It seems I may have already done that once on this thread and if that proves to be correct, I’ll be making damn sure everyone knows about it. It matters.

Honestly, driveabilty isn’t brilliant at this point in time but I have a couple of cards up my sleeve yet, so it’s too early to call it.
Having said that, I’d like to thank Joe Santangelo from CMS in Sydney for a tip he gave me. A really nice guy, easy to talk to.

For anyone like yourself wanting more urge off the bottom, I’d HIGHLY recommend a flex fuel/e85 race tune before committing HUGE dollars into something like this. The urgency that e85 gives the car is simply amazing.
It’s cheap, it’s easy if you have easy access and it works VERY well.

Best of luck with it. :cheers:

I just solved your issue, you can thank me later. Convert the new set up to E-85! :cheers:

Whipple+E85= Happy Burkey

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I just solved your issue, you can thank me later. Convert the new set up to E-85! :cheers:

Whipple+E85= Happy Burkey
Mate, I’d be all over it if I could find the stuff anywhere near me :headbonk:
6 hour round trip minimum :rant:
NOT happy!

Sponsored

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I’m reluctant to swap tuners at this point simply because I haven’t explored EVERY avenue just yet. I have a few ideas that may yield some results.
Hours upon hours of looking at logs, comparing them to others, reading how the strategies work, applying the logic etc etc gives a little insight into some fairly basic principles and what exactly might be causing some of the drama (which could in fact be hardware related)
All good mate, i'd be in the same boat going with Lund and giving it all a full crack before looking at other options. Just shoot me a PM if you ever decide to look down the route of alternative tuners and i can get you in touch with a bloke who works at really reputable mechanic joint who exclusive refers customers to this mob for tuning based on his own historical uses of them including his current whippled pony :D

They're based in Caroline springs way so still a trek from your way after i just googled it

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Side note: Do we need to do anything with our cars outside of a flex tune by Lund to run E85? Any injectors, hoses etc etc ??

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Mate, I’d be all over it if I could find the stuff anywhere near me :headbonk:
6 hour round trip minimum :rant:
NOT happy!

Damn I thought you were on E85, I am about 3 hours round trip.

Actually thought of buying a drum!

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Damn I thought you were on E85, I am about 3 hours round trip.

Actually thought of buying a drum!

I used to run it back when she was NA but only for special occasions really.
The lack of a flex tune for FI, combined with a huge upgrade to the fuel system for that “twice a year ethanol fix” just doesn’t work for me :brokenheart:

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Side note: Do we need to do anything with our cars outside of a flex tune by Lund to run E85? Any injectors, hoses etc etc ??
Provided you’re on the stock manifold, you’re good to go.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Managed to get the TB completely and utterly into spec today.
Chucked the 3.625” pulley on and time for a test.
The changes to the TB have transformed the driving experience.
It’s now absolutley connected to the pedal, no surging, nothing of the sort.
Not sure if it’s the pulley or the TB but it completely and utterly decimated the tyres at 3k-3.5k from a roll in third. (Approx 80km/h)
Will try fourth once I get a good quiet bit of private road.
Still a bit slow off the bottom end.

Probably the bigggest news here is that I’m leaving Lund. I’ve called it.
They’ve been great over the years, no disputing that.
We’ve simply reached a point where they don’t want to tune the car any more aggressively than it is currently and I’m not happy to have that much sitting on the table.
Respect to them for sticking to their principles.

I can see that the vast majority of people would be pretty damn happy with the way it goes, so maybe it’s just me :shrug:
I’ll have “seat of the pants” results of the new tune in the next few weeks.
Eventually I’ll back to back them on the strip for a real world, “numbers and shit” objective comparison.

Butt dynos and actual dynos can lie, the strip rarely does.
C872AA44-6605-48C3-9DC0-3AC86924AA72.jpeg

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to hear your happier with the car! You've got me wanting to check my TB now!

I reviewed the logs and my car does the same thing with timing. Has Lund given you a reason for this?

Maybe someone like [MENTION=16352]markmurfie[/MENTION] who knows tuning could offer a suggestion.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to hear your happier with the car! You've got me wanting to check my TB now!

I reviewed the logs and my car does the same thing with timing. Has Lund given you a reason for this?

Maybe someone like [MENTION=16352]markmurfie[/MENTION] who knows tuning could offer a suggestion.
They haven’t supplied a reason other than to say “your tune is fine”.
Frustrating but I can see their point of view. They aren’t in the business of killing engines. If that’s the limit of their safe zone, so be it.

Honestly, with the TB adjusted like this, I feel that I’ll be able to go back to my normal “steer it with the throttle” methods without too much drama.
Please check it out. I didn’t believe that it could be so critical.
Even Whipple weren’t fussed about the particular setting that was out of spec.
It matters.
Let us know how you get on with it :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I know a great tuning shop Burkey
Lol. Yeah, there’s a few Aussies getting the hang of it now.
Seems that times have changed.
Can’t say too much about the new direction I’ll be taking cos I reckon it might get someone’s nose out of joint. I’ll explain that too once it’s done. :ninja:
Sponsored