Sponsored

2020 GT500 Mustang Caught Testing Uncovered For The First Time

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
May be an electric parking brake caliper. The small one that is.
I think you might be right here. It would definitely save some interior space and allow for them to make asthetic changes inside, something special for the 500?!!
Sponsored

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Anyone think the front fenders are flared REALLY big compared to the rear? Makes me think - get ready for widebody. I bet they are going to widen the back of the car, too.
They sure look like it to me! Dare I say, wider than the GT350 even!
gt350_gt500_comp.jpg

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Anyone think the front fenders are flared REALLY big compared to the rear? Makes me think - get ready for widebody. I bet they are going to widen the back of the car, too.
I wish they'd done that, too, although I suspect that would have blown the budget!

:love:
2018 Super Snake 5.jpg

Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
except of course for 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970......

Since the rebirth of the GT350 in 2015 this is the first build of a GT500 with the new platform.... (for the record Ford did badge a GT350 in 1984 but it was just a GT with a sticker package and not an independent model)

News flash guys FORD Executives has already publicly stated that GT350s will be sold alongside of GT500s in 2019.

Ford is just being coy with the dates: they state 2019. So 2019 as in calendar year or 2019 as in Model Year?:cheers:

In the current issue of Mustang Times (MCA publication) a Ford Exec has stated for the first time: 2019 MY for both--interesting if that holds true (or did the MCA editor, Donald Farr, get a lax in writing copy?).

Thus the anticipation is for a very late run of 2019 MY GT350s and GT500s in the spring of 2019 (after the cold weather ends) before moving into a larger 2020MY production run. Ford also could do a mid-model year release with GT350s and GT500s coming out briefly in the fall before the winer cold shut down. My bets are on the late 2019MY spring release.
Many people, along with looks, the 2007-2008 Shelby GT were looked at as GT350.
:cheers:

williamwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 gt
Looks great from what can be seen. This is probably the base variant, or doesn't have the spoiler attached. There will be a more wild looking version I'm sure.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Those exhaust tips are gigantic. Thumbs up.

DrProctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
In this pic you can see that the fender is quite a bit larger than stock. Assuming the rocker panel is stock.
2020-GT500-Fender.jpg

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
I see they have the Snake badge in the center of the front grill.

I hope they do away with that section of front bumper that runs across the front grill. That kills the entire front of the car. Audi has gotten away with it on their cars, hopefully ford makes that change.

The new Camaro has that section of front bumper running across the grill and it looks terrible.

Not impressed at all by these shots. I'm sure they'll be additional changes to the look but so far it's disappointing in the looks department.

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
How do we know that this isn't an updated 2019 GT350?
Where is gt500?

I see 15GT with magnaflow quad tips. Nothing special
This could be a '19 or 20 GT350.
Looks more updated GT350 than GT500 to me.
Y'all are pretty disappointing. How have you NOT seen the teaser video - uploaded to Ford's corporate YouTube channel no less!

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]KtlmJLl18zo[/MEDIA]"]

And the teaser image they put out at a media event:

105068182-GT500-High-Res.720x405.jpg

This camo wrapped car literally matches those teasers in every detail if you look closely.

:doh:

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Y'all are pretty disappointing. How have you NOT seen the teaser video - uploaded to Ford's corporate YouTube channel no less!

And the teaser image they put out at a media event:

105068182-GT500-High-Res.720x405.jpg

This camo wrapped car literally matches those teasers in every detail if you look closely.

:doh:
Go back earlier in the thread on the side by side. The outer edge of the teaser picture is very squared off, but the camo picture is not. Very different to me.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Go back earlier in the thread on the side by side. The outer edge of the teaser picture is very squared off, but the camo picture is not. Very different to me.
Looks the same to me, there are no direct head-on shots of the camo wrapped car. Just from a slight angle.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
I hope they do away with that section of front bumper that runs across the front grill. That kills the entire front of the car. Audi has gotten away with it on their cars, hopefully ford makes that change.
Uh, nope... Audi just covers up that part of the "front" of the car with a grill and a Mustang using a "Big Audi-look alike" grill looks awful. They need to have that "thick bumper bar" for safety reasons and it doesn't look bad at all when painted in black.

Not impressed at all by these shots. I'm sure they'll be additional changes to the look but so far it's disappointing in the looks department.
Well.. the changes are already made but covered with the camo. Also, it's not wearing the rear wing so.... unless there is a "wing delete" option, the car is missing that part.

Looks the same to me, there are no direct head-on shots of the camo wrapped car. Just from a slight angle.
Exactly, it is the same but the camo is making it look different.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Well.. the changes are already made but covered with the camo. Also, it's not wearing the rear wing so.... unless there is a "wing delete" option, the car is missing that part.
I prefer wing delete options, so I hope they do have that.

Also, there may be two trims of the GT500 as with the 350.

Or they could have just omitted the wing on this prototype/mule to make it stand out less.
Sponsored