Sponsored

2018 Mustang refresh?

TheRiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Boat
Anyone think ford will put the 10 speed in the GT350?

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Can we not just enjoy the current S550 that's only been out a whopping 2 years? :shrug:

I'm sure the 18's will only have minor cosmetic changes similar to the 2012-2013 change. Don't expect anything earth shattering.

Sponsored

Mt-82 whine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' 5.0
Can we not just enjoy the current S550 that's only been out a whopping 2 years? :shrug:

I'm sure the 18's will only have minor cosmetic changes similar to the 2012-2013 change. Don't expect anything earth shattering.
My anxiousness comes from the drivetrain being essentially the same since the 2011 model cars that were running around in 2010. I am well aware of all the upgrades made to the coyote for the s550 but they aren't very meaningful for 99% of buyers

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I am well aware of all the upgrades made to the coyote for the s550 but they aren't very meaningful for 99% of buyers
Not meaningful to 99% of buyers..?
iWKad22.jpg

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I'm heading home next month. I am gonna go snooping around Allen Park and the general area and see what I can unearth. Prob nothing but you never know. I have a good buddy on the inside and close to whats up and coming.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Anyone think ford will put the 10 speed in the GT350?
Not likely, would be a pain rowing all of those gears. Like driving an 18 wheeler or a bus.

Sponsored

Mt-82 whine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' 5.0
Not meaningful to 99% of buyers..?
Yea as in still trapping 110-112mph. The stronger internals don't come into play unless you are supercharging the car. 99% of buyers are dumping 8k into the car for a blower.

Gains from bolt ons compared to the 2011-2014 are marginal. I'm not talking about the chassis, it in undoubtedly much, much better.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Yea as in still trapping 110-112mph. The stronger internals don't come into play unless you are supercharging the car. 99% of buyers are dumping 8k into the car for a blower.

Gains from bolt ons compared to the 2011-2014 are marginal. I'm not talking about the chassis, it in undoubtedly much, much better.
I think you have your numbers backwards, Trap speeds mean nothing to 99% of buyers, the better looks, ride, comfort and features do. The increased sales show this, Of the 1% who do care about trap speed maybe 10 % will actually see a track.

Mt-82 whine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' 5.0
I think you have your numbers backwards, Trap speeds mean nothing to 99% of buyers, the better looks, ride, comfort and features do. The increased sales show this, Of the 1% who do care about trap speed maybe 10 % will actually see a track.
That is 100% fair. Mine will never see the track. I reference trap speeds just as a general straight line performance measure. I would just like a little more oomph for my own seat of the pants feeling rowing gears home from the gym and grocery store. Either way it's a hell of a car for 32k as is.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport

10 speed transmission is pretty shattering up from a 6 speed and we've seen what the Camaro can do with the 10 speed.

Add in the refreshed lights, front fascia, rear lights and rear fascia along with most likely a HP/TQ bump and suspension tuning (to get rid of the floating) and maybe even updated gauges to mimic the rest of the Ford line ups and those are pretty significant updates. I wouldn't be surprised to see the PP also as standard or some version of it in terms of the suspension like the Euros get.

My anxiousness comes from the drivetrain being essentially the same since the 2011 model cars that were running around in 2010. I am well aware of all the upgrades made to the coyote for the s550 but they aren't very meaningful for 99% of buyers
The 10 speed alone is meaningful for 100% buyers. Better acceleration, faster car and better MPG.

+2 The wait is going to suck. I want to know now. lol
Maybe...wouldn't be surprised to see them reveal some leaks in LA and you'll definitely see something in Chicago. Also the release could be like the '17s with them hitting the streets in June (which is a MUCH better release date so people can actually enjoy their new car during the SUMMER).