Sponsored

2018 Mustang refresh?

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I want more a la carte options, less packaging of them, and a GLASS ROOF.
I had the glass roof in my 09 mustang. It did make it feel pretty open but it got pretty hot on the inside. I even tinted the glass roof to try and help with that.

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
This is no rumor, officially confirmed when the car was revealed. Also has e-diff and model specific trac control.
sorry didn't mean the car is rumored, meant that nothing with the official final package/pricing has come out yet to my knowledge. I have seen that the official release of all that is mid August. I will most likely wait until the unveil of the 18 mustang before making my next move, but if the 18 doesn't at least have mag ride optional, a power bump, and an updated manual trans I will definitely be going to the dark side.

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
As someone who is on the inside on Mustang news, I highly recommend those trying to buy a Mustang soon, to wait until 2018MY.
:eyebulge:

Spill the beans, or we'll hunt you down. We know where you live......you live somewhereinamerica :D
Me thinks near Flat Rock. :)
I live in Michigan, recently worked at Ford for a short time, and have heard the same thing from some individuals who may or may not know what the plans for the 18 hold. I haven't been told any specifics but when I mentioned how the Camaro is killing the mustang power wise and I am looking into getting a 1LE when they drop I was told "not for long, just do yourself a favor and wait for the 18 before making any final decisions and trading in your 5.0" lol. Also was told the interior is going to be amazing with some cool new features.....Keeping my fingers crossed

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550

Spill the beans, or we'll hunt you down. We know where you live......you live somewhereinamerica :D
The direction shouldn't come as a surprise to you. The entire generation was drawn out prior to any clay so...

...you shouldn't need confirmation or ideas on what comes next.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thanks........anxious to hear news......or spy shots! Proper spy shots! :D

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red
sorry didn't mean the car is rumored, meant that nothing with the official final package/pricing has come out yet to my knowledge. I have seen that the official release of all that is mid August. I will most likely wait until the unveil of the 18 mustang before making my next move, but if the 18 doesn't at least have mag ride optional, a power bump, and an updated manual trans I will definitely be going to the dark side.
More than likely they are going DI you think? DI with an upgraded intake manifold, some aluminum body frame and the performance should really improve.

Doesn't have to beat the SS but at least match it in terms of performance. Oh, and update the MT82 or switch to a Tremec!

FocusRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
Everyone claims how the 2016 camaro SS is so much more $$ but don't realize everything it comes with verse the mustang
You're right. The Camaro has a lot that the Mustang doesn't:

Horrible visibility
Horrible sales (down 40%+ just last month alone YOY)
100% Useless rear seats
Horrible pricing (33k gets you a Premium Mustang GT)
It's a Camaro !

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium, 14 BMW F30 Stage 1
Me thinks near Flat Rock. :)

There are some accurate posts in this thread guys and there are some changes that haven't been predicted yet that are impressive imo. Gotta keep my mouth shut for a few months :ford:

All I know is, its enough to make me think twice about getting a BMW M4 at twice the cost.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
As someone who is on the inside on Mustang news, I highly recommend those trying to buy a Mustang soon, to wait until 2018MY. Some very big changes. I myself have an EB and am eagerly waiting till 2017 for me to swap up.
Hmmmm....

So the 50-70mph driveline vibration will be stupendously enhanced on the 2018's and Ford Service Centers will actually have some guidance by the Ford Engineer Team in 2019 on how to properly fix the manufacturing defect?

Oh, and what's that - even more Quality Control issues too? Awesome!

Great- we can't wait!!

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
There are some accurate posts in this thread guys and there are some changes that haven't been predicted yet that are impressive imo. Gotta keep my mouth shut for a few months :ford:

All I know is, its enough to make me think twice about getting a BMW M4 at twice the cost.
How many months?

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
To add to my list of the glass roof.

1. 4 or 2 piston brakes in the rear
2. electric emergency brake
3. direct injection with a 20 h.p. bump

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I have the electric ebrake in my f150 and it's awesome, very cool feature everyone overlooks but I think with a manual trans I would prefer a handbreak. In my Hellcar i have a foot ebrake and it's just not the same.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Hmmmm....

So the 50-70mph driveline vibration will be stupendously enhanced on the 2018's and Ford Service Centers will actually have some guidance by the Ford Engineer Team in 2019 on how to properly fix the manufacturing defect?

Oh, and what's that - even more Quality Control issues too? Awesome!

Great- we can't wait!!
Great attitude:doh::frusty:

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Everyone claims how the 2016 camaro SS is so much more $$ but don't realize everything it comes with verse the mustang
You're right. The Camaro has a lot that the Mustang doesn't:

Horrible visibility
Horrible sales (down 40%+ just last month alone YOY)
100% Useless rear seats
Horrible pricing (33k gets you a Premium Mustang GT)
It's a Camaro !
Here's a list of items the '16 Mustang GT Base model has/are available that the Camaro 1SS doesn't (per Ford's website):

........................................ MUSTANG GT BASE .. CAMARO 1SS
Starting MSRP
......................... $32,395 ................ $36,300
Security System ..................... Standard ............ Not Available
Fog Lamps ............................. Standard ............ Not Available
Steering Wheel Audio Controls . Standard ............ Not Available
Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror . Standard ........... Not Available
Tire Pressure Monitor ............... Standard ........... Not Available
Driver Adjustable Lumbar ......... Standard ........... Not Available
Temporary Spare Tire .............. Available ............ Not Available
Rear Parking Aid ...................... Available ............ Not Available
Front Leg Room (in) ................... 44.5 .................... 43.90