Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I really hope the engine cover that was spied is just a prototype to hide the engine. If they got such a great engine it has to look really amazing :)
Sponsored

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
Will there be a after market mods to change the rear taillights like how they were in 15-17? They ruined that as well. You can barely tell but still..

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If the 2018 comes in at 475 HP and if Ford did not upgrade the internals, specially the rods and pistons, this could be the cause of the delay. The weak link to the 5.0 is the rods, so if anyone plans on adding a hair dryer I highly recommend upgrading the internals
There's no weakness in the shortblock at the power levels it can achieve NA. Believe me they would not delay a program because of something related to how it will perform with significant aftermarket mods. That said the 10R80 is a complicated beast as is the dual fuel injection.

Sponsored

boxstang40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 lx hatch
I am still 50/50 with the front but overall i like it. The more i see it the thing that bugs me the most is the rear wing.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I am still 50/50 with the front but overall i like it. The more i see it the thing that bugs me the most is the rear wing.
Check what Spartan found a page ago in a C&D article, it seems like you can opt out the spoiler of the performance package :)

I love the new spoiler and hope it will be an option on EU models, so I can get it legally but not everyone will have it

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
That spoiler belongs on a Honda or Subaru.

boxstang40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 lx hatch
Check what Spartan found a page ago in a C&D article, it seems like you can opt out the spoiler of the performance package :)

I love the new spoiler and hope it will be an option on EU models, so I can get it legally but not everyone will have it
Thats good to know. I hope dealers will order several without the wing so i can find one on the lot. Not sure i want to order and play the waiting game.

Sponsored

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible

I think the spoiler looks good on the coupe. Although I haven't seen a pic of it, I can't imagine it working well on a convertible and that's where I'm headed.

Ironic though....my '14 GT rag top has a GT500 spoiler and it looks great, but I prefer S197 coupe with the spoiler delete.

Fwiw, I'm configuring my 2018 in my head and it's a WIP until all specs are official.

So far:

'18 GT Premium 'vert
Royal Crimson
Black int
PP w/spoiler delete
Active Exhaust
6spd
Black out package if avail

to be continued........

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I can only imagine how bad the quality, body panels will be on the delayed release of the 18s. They are going to rush them out. Is this new 10speed tried and true? Im thinking of trading my manual.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I can only imagine how bad the quality, body panels will be on the delayed release of the 18s. They are going to rush them out. Is this new 10speed tried and true? Im thinking of trading my manual.
Are they delayed or are they going to rush them out? I think people are making way too much out of the tentative dates. Unless Ford had issued one release date and then changed it then nothing is delayed. It's just later than we would prefer.
Sponsored