Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
There is still a 5.0 emblem on the fenders of the GT :shrug:

I don't get the facelift hate. It is different, but it started to grow on me and now I like it. Directly from the front I still must get used to the wider grill, but once a bit of perspective comes in I really see what Ford is heading for. The headlights an the front create a much more aggresive and agile look.

And if you really hate the new design you can still buy brand new '17 Mustang until October
crap forgot they still had the ecoboost lol thought it was a gt in the photo of the electric blue
Sponsored

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
2018 Still Looks Like ....

A Catfish to me. The 2017 Looks Like JAWS. :cheers:
catfish.jpg
jaws.jpeg
steeda.jpg

Last edited:

JoelinNOVA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 R
Ugly as sin ruined the car

And Ive seen up close and in person. Honda called and wants their Civic front end back.

Sponsored

My_Coyote

Howl'n in the Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You guys say Catfish, Ford says Darth Vader

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
That's the steeda front, GTRacerX.....

Here are some more comparisons. I think the 2018 looks clearly more aggressive and less bulky
front.jpg
thirdfront.jpg
thirdfront2.jpg

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
Can't believe how different that orange looks between the auto show/interior pics and then seeing it outdoors. It actually is kind of cool it has so many characteristics... not sure if it's enough to sway me from ruby red, but it is growing on me now. Might be cool to have a "fun" Mustang color on my next one.
I'm anxious to see OF in person on a 'vert. I was fooled by Triple Yellow which I thought could be the color when it was introduced. But in my opinion it looks much better on a coupe than a ragtop.

If I like it on a convertible I know I'll be torn between an 'in your face' color like OF, or a more subdued color like Royal Crimson which is what I'm leaning towards right now. That could change at any moment though. Gotta see RC on a 'vert too.

And then there's Kona.......

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang

Here are some more comparisons. I think the 2018 looks clearly more aggressive and less bulky
i agree, add a splitter to it and it would look awesome, hood vents still bother me, but new hood could fix that

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual

It's even more apparent when you put them together. The '15 looks much better, especially the race red. The hood vents, the front, the wheels on the '18 race red just look wrong.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Spencer00si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150

I agree i was ready to pull the trigger on a 2017 gt pp, but the 2018 just looks so much better, less bulky and meaner looking. The only thing i dont like on the 18 is the spoiler, hopefully there is a delete option.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market

I have to agree the 2018 does look meaner. It's trimmed a bit of the bulky look from the 15-17 style and the headlights flow well with the straight lines of the front. Looks more like a sports car from the front than the 15-17's.

Reactions: PKs

justang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura TL
Why couldn't they have just left the hood vents alone? Everything else flows so nicely. Did the old ones have any issues like letting in too much water, or not provide enough air flow?

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I agree i was ready to pull the trigger on a 2017 gt pp, but the 2018 just looks so much better, less bulky and meaner looking. The only thing i dont like on the 18 is the spoiler, hopefully there is a delete option.
There is a delete option for the PP spoiler. I don't think there is one for the black package (which is stupid). There should be a spoiler delete for all packages.

Ford's thinking here is idiotic. They make the spoiler standard where it should be an option. Plus if you remove it you DO NOT get a $ back on your build. you get charged for the spoiler or not.

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
I agree with everyone in saying the '18 just seems to flow better and looks much more aggressive. Also, as has been stated, the spoiler is the only real detractor.
Sponsored