Sponsored

Limp mode 18 GT so confused

Terminator03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 6 speed
Had something bizarre happen yesterday. I unplugged my USB cable before going into a gas station. I came back turned my car on, and when I plugged in my usb cable my blue gauge lights shut off for a second and I think all of my electrical stuff did then they came back on the car went into limp mode. Wasn’t even driving haha. I turned my car off once I got home and turned it back on just to see what would happen and the wrench disappeared
Sponsored

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase
Had something bizarre happen yesterday. I unplugged my USB cable before going into a gas station. I came back turned my car on, and when I plugged in my usb cable my blue gauge lights shut off for a second and I think all of my electrical stuff did then they came back on the car went into limp mode. Wasn’t even driving haha. I turned my car off once I got home and turned it back on just to see what would happen and the wrench disappeared
Did you check the OBD2 for a pending CEL code? Even though the wrench is gone, a pending code could be registered while not throwing a CEL yet. Just trying to help.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I would use a different cable and check to see if there is anything in the socket that could be shorting it out.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Terminator03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 6 speed
Did you check the OBD2 for a pending CEL code? Even though the wrench is gone, a pending code could be registered while not throwing a CEL yet. Just trying to help.
I did.not! Now I’m worried haha

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
If it was the USB I'd be surprised that the ECU isn't better isolated from that.

It could just be coincidence or an issue in the electrical system.

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase
If it was the USB I'd be surprised that the ECU isn't better isolated from that.

It could just be coincidence or an issue in the electrical system.
Plus 1^:cheers:

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Some of these 18's have some electrical gremlins. Not the first one I have heard of to throw the wrench light while stationary.

Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
If the car can be taken out by the USB port someone could make a small plugin device that would frick up any Sync 3 car.

JD_GTPP2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro, 2SS/1LE
I think the real question should be, what was on the other end of the USB cable? A tuning device? MP3 player? Phone? Flash drive?

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I've seen broken cables and bad USB ports crash computers.
Sponsored