Trackspec GT4 center vent

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
that is correct. I started installing the rivets from rhe front back. I will have to drill the rivets out and try from the back forward. Maybe, it will look better.
You have installed the rear portion incorrectly I believe, there are two relief cuts that need to be made in order to slide the rear vent supports between the two layers of the hood prior to installing the long pop-rivets, it looks to me like you have the vent support under the inner hood structure.

When it is installed correctly it will look like this.

Dave
IMG_5148.jpg
IMG_5149.jpg

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
You have installed the rear portion incorrectly I believe, there are two relief cuts that need to be made in order to slide the rear vent supports between the two layers of the hood prior to installing the long pop-rivets, it looks to me like you have the vent support under the inner hood structure.

When it is installed correctly it will look like this.

Dave
Thanks for your help...
Nope, those are cut out. Before I started installing the rivets, the rear supports would reach the top layer of the hood. Of course, after I installed all the rivets except for the two suppots rivets. The rear vent supports would not reach. Next weekend, I will drill out all the rivets and start installing the rivets from the back forward. I am 100% sure it will fit correctly.

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks for your help...
Nope, those are cut out. Before I started installing the rivets, the rear supports would reach the top layer of the hood. Of course, after I installed all the rivets except for the two suppots rivets. The rear vent supports would not reach. Next weekend, I will drill out all the rivets and start installing the rivets from the back forward. I am 100% sure it will fit correctly.
That is weird, if you can take a close up picture of the rear vent supports from the underside of the hood and post it. Its too hard to see in the underhood image you have here with the shadows.

Hope it all works out, but if it is what I am thinking all the rivets have to be removed anyway. I am at the track tomorrow I will try and take a close up picture of mine so you can see what I did.

Dave

gww52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
GT500
I just finished installing the vents on my 2012 Boss.
I used cleco fasteners and that made it a whole lot easier.

Sponsored

BlackMustang690

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt500
This looks like a good option, I'm going to say I missed the sale on these?

qtrracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP Recaros; 86 GT 'Vert Pro-touring
Bought their universal GT2 for my 86 couple of years ago. Nice piece.
86 G2 Track Tech Hood Vent top.jpg
86 G2 Track Tech Hood Vent under.jpg

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Just installed mine over the weekend, overall I am happy with the quality of the vent and it seems to be working well just driving around town. I am excited to see how it helps out on track in a couple weeks at Indie Motorsports.

My one gripe is that I also have the same issue with the rearmost vent sunken in. I followed the instructions step by step and the vent still didn't contour to the hood properly. It seems like the rearmost portion of the center rib has a lot of tension and is not allowing the underlying rear support bracket to sit flush with the underside of the hood. I plan to drill out another hole in the support bracket closer to the center rib (where my thumb is pointing) and rivet that in with hopes that it will bring that rearmost vent up where it needs to be. I'm fairly certain this will work.

Otherwise, I am happy with the product. I'm sure my temps will be lower on track. This thing lets out gobs of heat around town and sitting at a light.

42107980591_63df00ecc8_b.jpg

42107980321_eb96f68c22_b.jpg

41207287395_274e1f72d3_b.jpg

42107980851_748afcda98_b.jpg

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
Here are some more pictures of mine. I drilled the rivets out. Most of them started to rust??? I just installed some screws that was laying around the garage. I have really lost interest in the hood vent looking like I was thinking it should look like.
picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
XLR8EDMUSTANG

XLR8EDMUSTANG

XLR8EDMUSTANG on Twitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, OW, PP, RECAROS
if you contact TrackSpec they will send you new hardware. They had an issue with the supplier of the rivets and bolts but now have a corrosion resistant hardware kit.

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Had time to drill/rivet two more holes into the vent and underlying rear support brackets... 100% better! It ended up pulling those rear vents where they should be.

This weekend I also helped a friend install his center trackspec vent and tried putting in the rivets in a different sequence. Although it helped a bit, there was still some rear vent sag.

42255573691_aec79a82c2_b.jpg

27385208167_fd31034219_b.jpg

qtrracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP Recaros; 86 GT 'Vert Pro-touring
Interesting about the sag. When I talked to John about the GT2 center support, he said their testing indicated center support was needed. The GT2 is only 26" wide across the back.

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
Had time to drill/rivet two more holes into the vent and underlying rear support brackets... 100% better! It ended up pulling those rear vents where they should be.

This weekend I also helped a friend install his center trackspec vent and tried putting in the rivets in a different sequence. Although it helped a bit, there was still some rear vent sag.

42255573691_aec79a82c2_b.jpg

27385208167_fd31034219_b.jpg
Looks better. I might try that myself. Maybe someone will share your idea with trackspec to make the future vents better...:cheers:

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
These look really good.

Seen one for the first time yesterday and really like the fitment and look installed.

Looking to be a future mod for me.
20180521_110444-1612x1209.jpg
Sponsored