Sponsored

"Demon Eyes"

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
I have seen pictures of a few Mustang's on here that have the Demon Eyes installed.

I'm not typically into lighting effects but I have to admit this caught my attention. Have you installed them and if so are you happy, can you post a few pics?

They are 6 to 8 weeks backordered so apparently I have time to figure out if I want them.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
i just bought a set from LEdallthethings. I have taken my bumper off probably close to 100 times now so that's a doddle, as is the lights. I think the hardest will be routing the wires out of the light. Anyone got any ideas where/how as I don't particularly want to cut the headlight cap open.

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
I have a unused pair of LEDALLTHETHINGS for sale in the classifieds sub-forum. I ended up doing a full blown retrofit so I never used them.

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
i just bought a set from LEdallthethings. I have taken my bumper off probably close to 100 times now so that's a doddle, as is the lights. I think the hardest will be routing the wires out of the light. Anyone got any ideas where/how as I don't particularly want to cut the headlight cap open.

A rubber grommet coming out the back of the cap is the best and more professional method. You could just route the wires out the back under the ballast if you wanted to. Just dremel out a little slot for the wires to side in on the edge of the hole so you have a better water tight seal.

Sponsored

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Looks good, obviously a bake job with plug and play drl boards?

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Yep,

Pulled the lights, baked them and opened them open. I installed Diode Dynamics drl boards and Profile Prism demon eyes and sealed them back up. Not a bad job, just time consuming dealing with heating the light assembly and sealing them up.

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Yup, I have mine ripped apart in the basement. Need to finish that project lol. Still have to paint the trim around the reflector either black or paint matched, not sure yet.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
So how are the LEDALLTHETHINGS compared to the DD demon eyes? I'm thinking matbe the former with DD RGB drls and just cut a hole in the bottom of the fixture for the drls and the cap remove and drill hole instead of fighting with getting the whole light apart...thoughts?

Sponsored

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
So how are the LEDALLTHETHINGS compared to the DD demon eyes? I'm thinking matbe the former with DD RGB drls and just cut a hole in the bottom of the fixture for the drls and the cap remove and drill hole instead of fighting with getting the whole light apart...thoughts?
Bad idea, youre asking for moisture problems and that's just sloppy. You're paying a premium for DD demon eyes because of the auto shutoff, and RGBw. LEDALLTHETHINGS is a basic demon eye and is only RGB.

Also, your comment makes no sense to me. You need to bake open the lights to install the DD drl boards, so you might as well install the demon eye at the point as well....

IF you ONLY want to install demon eyes, just do the LEDALLTHETHINGS method and install them from the light cap entrance without any baking.

I have a brand new pair, $55 shipped and theyre yours.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
My comment about cutting a hole was from a video I saw where the guy cut a hole in the bottom of the headlight assembly, installed the drls, closed it back up and sealed with rtv.

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
My comment about cutting a hole was from a video I saw where the guy cut a hole in the bottom of the headlight assembly, installed the drls, closed it back up and sealed with rtv.
Please show me when you're references because that's not possible. The DRLs are screwed in, and then are plastic welded with nubs\rivets. Even if attempted to do this all from the bottom of the housing by creating a huge hole, youre destroying the lights and trying to patch them up versus just separating them and cleanly resealing them.

I'm picturing someone trying to put new oil in their motor without propping the hood up, but instead climbing underneath the car and working from the way up LOL

The process for removing the OEM DRLs to replace them with drop in RGBW DRL boards would be as follows.

1. Bake open the lights
2. Remove screws to get the boards\assembly out.
3. Dremel off the plastic pegs where the boards are soldered on
4. Place and align new boards and glue them on
5. screw pieces back together.
6. reseal lights

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
No reference, sorry, just remember seeing something like I described...and I know the baking/heat gun process...was trying to avoid that which doesn't seem likely...so if I do it, it will have to be the bake/heat gun method.
Sponsored