Sponsored

Blowfish bracket installed

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
I installed the blowfish bracket and wow did it change stock shifter characteristics. Gears no matter the rpm can be changed with 2 fingers, no clunks, notchiness, or any gear noise what so ever. Shifting at almost 8000 rpm is no different then 2k rpm. The only weird difference which Is perfectly fine by me would be much more vibration in shift knob , no noise increase though. Also now I feel more heat from the transmission surrounding the shifter. Has anyone else felt this heat increase when putting the bracket on? I'm sure it's normal being the bracket brings the heat upward instead of getting more air in that area. That bracket is huge and must I say it's made with perfection, nothing like a American made product! Also I must give a big shout out to optimum performance BG fluid for their synchro shift II transmission fluid what a difference that made in shifting performance
Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
That bracket is stout for sure. It is built to double as a driveshaft safety loop. No issues with mine. They originally got a bad rap because the 1st gen brackets were not built with rubber isolators for the rear mount and people had NVH issues. I have the gen 2, and get an almost unnoticed vibration (which is probably 90% my trans bushing) and no noise. There are now shifters that incorporate the same bracing, which is a very attractive (and more expensive) option.

I haven't noticed any more heat. Make sure you don't have the rear mount adjusted too low compared to when it was stock.

OP
OP

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
That bracket is stout for sure. It is built to double as a driveshaft safety loop. No issues with mine. They originally got a bad rap because the 1st gen brackets were not built with rubber isolators for the rear mount and people had NVH issues. I have the gen 2, and get an almost unnoticed vibration (which is probably 90% my trans bushing) and no noise. There are now shifters that incorporate the same bracing, which is a very attractive (and more expensive) option.

I haven't noticed any more heat. Make sure you don't have the rear mount adjusted too low compared to when it was stock.
Wow I didn't realize there could be a wrong way to install it that could cause more heat near the shifter... Is it a bad thing that I have it and should check the installation?

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Wow I didn't realize there could be a wrong way to install it that could cause more heat near the shifter... Is it a bad thing that I have it and should check the installation?
I have not experienced this as I was careful to measure the height beforehand, but has been mentioned in other threads.

Sponsored

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I just installed the Blowfish Racing shifter bracket today. Have only had a few miles of driving with it, but it is a significant improvement. The side-to-side freeplay in the shifter is gone, and the action is much more direct. As others have noticed, there is some vibration and noise at certain rpm's, seems to be coming from the reverse lockout shift collar, but I think it's a small price to pay for improved shifting quality.

It's not quite like a direct-action top loader transmission, but close, and certainly a significant improvement over stock. Together with the BG Synchro Shift fluid, it results in a much better driving experience. I think I can now live with the MT82.

mikeD4V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I just installed the Blowfish Racing shifter bracket today. Have only had a few miles of driving with it, but it is a significant improvement. The side-to-side freeplay in the shifter is gone, and the action is much more direct. As others have noticed, there is some vibration and noise at certain rpm's, seems to be coming from the reverse lockout shift collar, but I think it's a small price to pay for improved shifting quality.

It's not quite like a direct-action top loader transmission, but close, and certainly a significant improvement over stock. Together with the BG Synchro Shift fluid, it results in a much better driving experience. I think I can now live with the MT82.
If it's buzzing or rattling, it's the collar. Unscrew the shift knob and look down into the the collar, there are small ribs that break. I thought it was the bracket and eventually switched over to an MGW race spec a month ago. Found the broken collar piece that was rattling upon removal of OE shifter for MGW.

Now considering ditching the MGW and going back to the BF mount with a delrin collar. Shifts were effortless, didn't miss gears, and the height was ideal. That's pretty much the opposite of the MGW ha

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Steve @ Blowfish installed mine earlier this month. The feel is great & now the shifting is great.

Unfortunately, we got two snowstorms within a week & I haven't been out since. Weather is finally changing so I'll be able to really check it out.

Now I need BG Synchro II.

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks mikeD4V!

Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
This is going to be my next purchase. I have the Syncro Shit II on the way already, so between these two I'm hoping for a real improvement.

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
did you end up raising it or?

just installed mine and left it low i think because im experiencing the heat also

OP
OP

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
did you end up raising it or?

just installed mine and left it low i think because im experiencing the heat also
It had more heat but that's apparently the nature of the mod. It makes the shifter directly connected instead of remote drawing more heat to the console

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
kewl.. i think my bolts are sitting on the lower side of the sliding bracket, feels tits tho so i think we're ok.. thanks man

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
I switched out the stock mount for the Energy Suspension bushing. Its a replacement poly bushing.

I agree with the others in the post, its firmed up shifting well nicely and improved the feel overall.

The best part, its $14.
Sponsored