Sponsored

Anyone else have water dripping for the rest of the day after a wash from mirrors and

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
gas cap? After I wash I'll do the whole drive around the block, brake, accelerate, several times, and then dry it. But still throughout the rest of the day it'll keep dripping (tail lights and rear emblem too). And if I ever forgot to dry it it leaves those annoying marks. I guess since the inside of those areas can't be cleaned and the water is exceptionally dirty. Anyone else encounter this? Tips?

While I'm here - anyone listen to music while they wash their cars? Would my best bet be buying a battery/rechargable ipod speaker thing?
Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
gas cap? After I wash I'll do the whole drive around the block, brake, accelerate, several times, and then dry it. But still throughout the rest of the day it'll keep dripping (tail lights and rear emblem too). And if I ever forgot to dry it it leaves those annoying marks. I guess since the inside of those areas can't be cleaned and the water is exceptionally dirty. Anyone else encounter this? Tips?

While I'm here - anyone listen to music while they wash their cars? Would my best bet be buying a battery/rechargable ipod speaker thing?
Leaf blower!

OP
OP
clevernickname

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Thanks. I'll look into it.

Also, does anyone wash the underside of their car? Specifically along the side skirts since it's plastic and smooth I figured I'd wash there too. I spray the entire underside of the car as much as I can though.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Even with a blower i will get drips from the front lights after moving the car. Just keep a cloth close and tidy it up. The door jams also hold water for days with me.

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
And blow out the wheels and lug nuts also...

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
And blow out the wheels and lug nuts also...
He He........ the first time I used my blower on the wheel lug area, I got a face full on water. It’s amazing how much water gets held up in those holes. :D

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible

Also, does anyone wash the underside of their car? Specifically along the side skirts since it's plastic and smooth I figured I'd wash there too. I spray the entire underside of the car as much as I can though.
Hey Bud, seeing you are on BC, I bought a little hand held 120v at my local Canadian Tire last summer. It costed $12 on sale....I think. Works like a charm.

r1racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
leaf blower or dog grooming blower. keep blowing at different angles until water stops flying.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X

I don't wash my car myself but the place that does it for me uses wall mounted blowers and then goes over everything by hand with a microfiber to dry it. A drive on the highway afterwards usually gets rid of any remaining water for me.

They also have an underbody sprayer that gets used everytime. A quick easy way to clean the underside is to use one of those oscillating lawn sprinklers. Hook it up and then slide it under there and move it around, it'll oscillate back and forth and clean the underside pretty well. Good amount of pressure at close range. :thumbsup:
Sponsored