GT discontinued in NL?

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Anyone know if this is the case?

Maybe [MENTION=7100]Ericc B[/MENTION] ?

On the Ford website only the EB is configurable, all traces of the GT have disappeared.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ford have stopped.... how many are they selling nationwide? Perhaps 1 or 2 per year?

:eyebulge::eyebulge:
Sponsored

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase

Maybe [MENTION=7100]Ericc B[/MENTION] ?

On the Ford website only the EB is configurable, all traces of the GT have disappeared.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ford have stopped.... how many are they selling nationwide? Perhaps 1 or 2 per year?

:eyebulge::eyebulge:
Wouldn't surprise me, but it'll definetly be good for the value of a GT in the Netherlands. If there even are any, haha

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Wouldn't surprise me, but it'll definetly be good for the value of a GT in the Netherlands. If there even are any, haha

There's at least one ;)

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
There's at least one ;)
But none with full taxes paid :D

I can't even seem to configure the 2018 Mustang at all on the website. I think they have just realised there is no point selling it anymore, even the EcoBoost was getting a couple thousand more expensive each year, now the the upgraded engine having even more CO2 emissions and the A10 not helping enough just priced it out of the market.

On the upside it'll remain an exotic rare car.

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
But none with full taxes paid :D

I can't even seem to configure the 2018 Mustang at all on the website.
There's at least one of those as well. Only one I think though.

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Sadly our countries are not suitable for this type of cars. We aspire to be 'free' in our decisions but actually we are not.
After almost three years of being 'american' (automotive relating), my idea is that we simply CAN'T be american outside America. Even if I can still afford the high taxes and fuel costs for this car, I'm really tired to pay 10x taxes compared to other road users, even if I drive carefully and respect others, the infrastructure and the environment.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
You can order any 2018 you like, including the GT models. Ford Netherlands however has not released the official pricing or updated the configurator for that matter. I have no idea why that is.

The 2017 configurator for EB has been left in place because there are still around 15 brand new and/or unregistered left over stock 2017 EB cars throughout the country. As our CO2 BPM tax goes up every year they have adjusted the pricing of these cars in the configurator to the 2018 BPM tariff. Which means a raise of around 2.500 euro.

There are currently 37 GT's registered in the Netherlands. 11 of those are exempt from BPM tax, which means they are either brought in as relocation inventory or on a temporary BPM-free status, like Kapiteinlangzaam's car. There are also 2 GT350's, one of which is in the same category and on the other one some BPM was paid, although not the full amount.

Limited numbers however have zero influence on value in the Dutch market as there are thousands of these cars on the continent, hundreds for sale at any given moment and importing one with depreciated BPM is always cheaper than buying one of the largely overpriced ones that are already registered here.

Based on the German and Belgian price lists and the new CO2 values I have calculated the expected pricing for the 2018 models on Dutch registration as follows:

EcoBoost Fastback 6MT: 75.029 (was 56.310)
EcoBoost Fastback 10AT: 73.097 (was 80.350)
EcoBoost Convertible 6MT: 79.093 (was 62.750)
EcoBoost Convertible 10AT: 79.944 (was 84.450)

GT Fastback 6MT: 110.283 (was 118.710)
GT Fastback 10AT: 109.027 (was 112.110)
GT Convertible 6MT: 118.021 (was 126.110)
GT Convertible 10AT: 117.309 (was 120.070)

The massive price increase for the manual EcoBoosts is due to the fact that the CO2 emission of that particular combination has gone up from 179 to 214 grams. The EcoBoost automatics have come down slightly, due to the lower CO2 emissions of the more efficient new 10AT transmission (205 gram on fastback and 211 gram on convertible).

Obviously at 73.000 euro entry level pricing the number of cars that Ford Netherlands expects to sell is close to zero, as the same amount of money also buys you a brand new Jaguar F-Type of Porsche Cayman. The number of S550's in the country will however keep on growing but mostly from used imports, which has been on a steady average of 1 per week over the last year.

Last edited:
OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Good info.

Begs the question did Ford cheat on the cheat on the EB Co2 emissions first time around?

76k for a manual EB means likely no more of those sold new either.

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
And 20ish people paying the BPM on their GT is quite impressive!!

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Begs the question did Ford cheat on the cheat on the EB Co2 emissions first time around?
I am absolutely convinced they have. The EB manual had 179 grams and the same EB with automatic had 225 grams. That's 26% more. It is physically impossible to produce 26% more CO2 emissions with the same engine just by changing the gearbox and the end ratio. Also that exact same automatic gearbox on the 2015 GT's gave a lower emission value than the manuals. Double proof that the 179 grams have been doctored. :doh:

Since the EB engine has been completely overhauled for 2018 (including a particle filter to comply with Euro 6.2 regulations) they had to have it retested. And now all of a sudden the emission value is 214 for the manual and 205 for the (much more efficient) 10speed automatic. Although this royally sucks for potential buyers it makes a lot more sense. It also shows that Ford still has a long way to go on emission reductions. Other brands like Jaguar, Porsche, Mercedes, Audi/VW and even Renault and even Chevrolet all have 2 liter 4 bangers doing 300HP with much lower emissions.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
And 20ish people paying the BPM on their GT is quite impressive!!
The majory of them have paid highly depreciated BPM because their cars were imported used. I would have to check my statistics but from memory no more than a handfull were actually paid in full as brand new Dutch registrations.

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
The majory of them have paid highly depreciated BPM because their cars were imported used. I would have to check my statistics but from memory no more than a handfull were actually paid in full as brand new Dutch registrations.
Was actually thinking even when imported these cars are ridiculously expensive but I guess it's not as bad as I expected. Prolly explains the pretty high number of registered GT's. But that's still what 60-70k for a used 2015 ?

Last edited:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Was actually thinking even when imported these cars are ridiculously expensive but I guess it's not as bad as I expected. Prolly explains the pretty high number of registered GT's. But that's still what 60-70k for a used 2015 ?
Yeah 60 gets you one if you do it yourself.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Came to the conclusion today through the dealer's system that there is only one 17GT AT left in stock in the whole Benelux and it's a red one!

On top of it I was advised against importing from Germany, since they had 3 already and had nothing but trouble with converting the language pack support and sync 3. I never used the dutch language settings though but still they prefer the conversion...

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
since they had 3 already and had nothing but trouble with converting the language pack support and sync 3.
My GT is from Germany but I had no trouble converting the language pack. It's a 2016 though so it's Sync2, that's a big difference. Sync3 is not meant for DIY updating, although from what I understand from the German forum it can be done.
Sponsored