Mustang or Corvette?

Mustang or Corvette

• Total voters

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Id go with the C7 but for $50K I'd rather have a Hellcat.
A supercharged 2018 GT would be great as well but I need a warranty.
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
If it is 2018 Mustang -vs- 2018 Corvette ..?

I would choose Mustang. But I would have to hold my judgement for the 2019 Corvette until after I drove the new design.

I am going to mention that the PP2 w/A10 is effortless fun, & will match the Corvette on the streets, or when sitting next to each other in the parking lot. While on the track, both driver's are going to have smiles, only difference being... that one gets to listen to a better note.

Aesthetics come into play (tug on buyer's) more, than their actually differences on the tarmac. Unless consideration is taken to the extreme (nth).

I did not vote.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I voted Mustang. I would prefer to have a 2 seater. I'd rather have a smaller, lighter car. Both of those factors made me want a Corvette. But I just wasn't happy with the base Corvette features. I don't really like the engine. I don't like all the vents that are fake on a base, $50k car. I love the front end design on the Corvette, but hate the Alice Cooper tail lights. The interior design on the Corvette is somewhat ugly in my opinion. I don't like the way GM does rims and tires. If GM had put a cool performance motor in the base Corvette for $50k, that may have tipped me over to the Corvette. I'd really like to have the Grand Sport option, though. So.. I end up not really comparing the Mustang to the base Corvette. I compare it to something more expensive, but still with the boring base engine.

The other thing is a Mustang is more low profile. I'm crazy about cars, but there are a lot of people who will hate you if they think you have a lot of money. So I prefer to not be too ostentatious in my car choices. I got enough negative attention as it was with the GT350. The Corvette would have been worse. This is a smaller factor, because if the base 'vette would have been really great I would have had to buy one.

rwp50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black California Special
Thanks everyone. The more I drive the GT the better I like it. I agree on being less conspicuous. I'm 67 and have appreciated nice vehicles all my life. Just don't trust a lot of people out there (any age) that feel we (enthusiasts) don't deserve a higher end or high performance car.

I just hate to take the hit selling the vette. I also don't need another car that needs $1600.00 in tires.

Thanks

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The other thing is a Mustang is more low profile. I'm crazy about cars, but there are a lot of people who will hate you if they think you have a lot of money. So I prefer to not be too ostentatious in my car choices. I got enough negative attention as it was with the GT350. The Corvette would have been worse. This is a smaller factor, because if the base 'vette would have been really great I would have had to buy one.
Negative attention? Do tell. I've only had positive attention, granted it's been mainly by bro hammers saying sweet car bro and they started fondling their personal areas.

And if the Grand Sport was even a 525 HP car, SEE YA 350! But...it's not.

smbsocal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT Vert, '17 C7 Z06, '19 BMW X5
I currently have a C7 Z06, upgraded from C7 Z51, but it is a fair weather car for me. The current DD is a Jeep SRT or BMW 335 and will be most likely replacing one of those with a '18 GT Vert.

The C7 is a great special car and has most of the creature comforts but for a daily driver it doesn't do so well in bad weather and the fact that the car is so low can cause a number of issues.

Lussier4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18MY on order
Time for me to move on

I have been pampering a Corvette for 37 years (1981 manual - original owner - 28K km) but fell in love with the 18MY Mustang. Decided to make the move and ordered one last month (5.0 manual, Kona, 401A, PP1, active exhaust, security pkg, shaker). Wife said no problem but only one toy in the garage so I will have let go my show room car. I'm ok with that because I cant wait to drive this beast around. :crazy:

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
I think I'd rather have a loaded Mustang over a base Corvette.

But I also think at that price range, I'd be looking at a slightly used GT350.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Negative attention? Do tell. I've only had positive attention, granted it's been mainly by bro hammers saying sweet car bro and they started fondling their personal areas.

And if the Grand Sport was even a 525 HP car, SEE YA 350! But...it's not.
You know what it's like - people can buy houses around here for significantly less than $100k, so even a $50k car seems like a lot. And salaries are correspondingly lower. It's not like the coasts where people can drive a bus for a living and afford a 'vette.

All the car people love it - of course. The people who know me realize that every purchase I make I always think about the lost opportunity to buy car parts. :D

I agree on your HP number. Even with a boring torquey truck-style low RPM pushrod motor if the base Corvette made something over 500 HP I would probably have one as well.

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Sorry guys, but if I was in the market for one of two cars, no way would it come down to a choice of Mustang vs Corvette. How you came to those two as a final choice is beyond me. If I was considering a Stang and had other vehicles in consideration, a Vette would not be among them. And likewise, if I was considering a Vette and had other choices, a Mustang would not be one of them. With that said, there is no way I would pick a Mustang over a Corvette. Night and day difference in performance, characteristics, look, feel, and even the attention/admiration of others. Plus Vettes look soo sick! I say get what you want and enjoy it. But I would be all over that Vette.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
If it is 2018 Mustang -vs- 2018 Corvette ..?

I am going to mention that the PP2 w/A10 is effortless fun, & will match the Corvette on the streets, or when sitting next to each other in the parking lot. (nth).

I did not vote.
Could you show us this PP2 w A10 that is effortless fun? :shrug::headbonk: