Mustang GT vs Kia Stinger GT

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
I am still voting for a slightly used less than 10000 miles BMW 340 Xi or Audi RS3. Don't get in to the hype with KIA. As long as they have the badge and don't move forward with a separate luxury brand like Hyundai did with Genesis, they will never be able to sell they their cars for those prices. K900 was an example and now Stinger will be one as well. Doesn't matter how good their cars are, the depreciation will be too much.
Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I dunno. Hyundai/Kia are getting better but still are lacking when it comes to sports cars in terms of feedback, handling, etc.

I also would be concerned about resale. These are still new and have not been sitting long but I can foresee some big discounts coming that will really hurt resale for those that paid well into the $40K's.

If you need 4 doors I would look into Golf R, Subaru WRX/STI. Both have tons of backseat room and are quick cars and AWD. Both hold their value really well and are have lots of aftermarket options. I owned both while having young kids and car seats and they were awesome. Focus RS is an option too but backseat is much tighter.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
I'd do a SHO with the perfromance pack. I had one and with a Livernois Motorsports tune only did a 12.99 at 105. It is actually more fun to drive than my Mustang GT with that firm performance pack. It is a true sleeper. With a tune the car makes about incredible torque and power. I sold it to my son who LOVES the car much more than the 600rwhp Mustang GT I owned previously. Tons of room in the giant trunk. Resale is really bad so you can get one CHEAP with every option: heated steering wheel, auto bright lights, the works. Note the 4 wheel burnout!
Glad you loved the tune our company provides! Car looked great too BTW! :cheers:

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
I’m looking hard at the Kia Stinger & the Hyundai G70. The guy who designed these cars was hired away from BMW M division to make sure the cars were competitive with the BMW 340, and you can bet the Kia will be more reliable. With a tune the stinger should be right with my tuned GT

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I watched a camparo somebody did with Stinger vs Panamera vs BMW 640i. Kind of an interesting choice of with the Panamera and 640i coming it at around $90K as tested with the Kia at $42K. Basically the Stinger was neck - neck with the Panamera (beating it in several tests) and both the Porsche and Kia soundly beat the 6.

That being said, I can easily imagine buying a used 2018 Stinger next year with 10K miles for $20K.

[ame]

Oh, comparison done by independent company for Kia/Hyundai.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
Simply cannot find myself liking the look of the Kia. Looks bloated from side view. Reminds me of a BMW 3 Series GT.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
Definitely would take the Stinger GT. I've been following them for awhile. I'm also interested if Mazda is going to release the new 6 with the 2.5L turbo and AWD, that will be a phenomenal car. Almost bought a SHO for the wife a few years back. Small cramped interior, the layout on the interior sucks as well. It wasn't a fun car to drive either. She wanted it bad but after the test drive she walked away glad she didn't pull the trigger. Ford doesn't make a good performance sedan, sorry. If we had gotten a Falcon with the 5.0 things would be different.
Yes, for 2018 the Mazda6 will have the option of the turbo 2.5 at 227HP / 310 Torks. No AWD yet here in the states.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I saw some stingers yesterday and I do like the looks for a sedan, but $57k? No way...

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
There is one in my neighborhood, I believe the owner used to own a Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.6. Would routinely smoke that ass with my 5.0. I upgraded and it looks like he did too. Lol, let the ass smoking commence!

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I test drove a Fusion Sport. I really liked it except for one really big issue: I HATED the transmission. Terrible let down.

kws6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
I watched a camparo somebody did with Stinger vs Panamera vs BMW 640i. Kind of an interesting choice of with the Panamera and 640i coming it at around $90K as tested with the Kia at $42K. Basically the Stinger was neck - neck with the Panamera (beating it in several tests) and both the Porsche and Kia soundly beat the 6.

That being said, I can easily imagine buying a used 2018 Stinger next year with 10K miles for $20K.

Oh, comparison done by independent company for Kia/Hyundai.
Really, $20k ?

kws6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Fusion Sport is by far the cheapest right now. Base model is $23-25K.
Here is one with 401a upgrade package for 25 and change

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...archRadius=0&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=FUSION

They go 12.8's with tune only. Just make sure any leftover was made
after Oct, 16, some had cyl heads problems before that.

Cheapest AWD V6 Stinger I could find is another 13 grand.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...rchRadius=0&makeCode1=KIA&modelCode1=KIASTING
OP is in Canada. Totally different pricing. Kia Stinger Gt awd starts at approx
$46000 cdn......Similar performance stock to a tuned Fusion Sport without the
Loss of powertrain warranty if anything blows up.
Sponsored