Sponsored

Mustang GT vs Kia Stinger GT

whoishomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
With the arrival of my daughter and living in Canada I've decided to sell my mustang and get something with 4 doors and AWD. Any thoughts on the Kia Stinger? Looks like a good deal, especially here in Canada
Sponsored

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
I'm currently in love with the Stinger GT! The reviews are very positive. I'm thinking Ceramic with Red interior GT2. Love this color combo!

If I was in the market for a good performing sedan, the Stinger gets my vote. It seriously has me considering the change.

302cui

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt 6sp manual
I love the stinger gt. It looks more expensive than its price tag. May get one for a fourth car.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I'd do a SHO with the perfromance pack. I had one and with a Livernois Motorsports tune only did a 12.99 at 105. It is actually more fun to drive than my Mustang GT with that firm performance pack. It is a true sleeper. With a tune the car makes about incredible torque and power. I sold it to my son who LOVES the car much more than the 600rwhp Mustang GT I owned previously. Tons of room in the giant trunk. Resale is really bad so you can get one CHEAP with every option: heated steering wheel, auto bright lights, the works. Note the 4 wheel burnout!
20170702_190719.jpg
20170702_190922.jpg

Sponsored

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
I'd do a SHO with the perfromance pack. I had one and with a Livernois Motorsports tune only did a 12.99 at 105. It is actually more fun to drive than my Mustang GT with that firm performance pack. It is a true sleeper. With a tune the car makes about incredible torque and power. I sold it to my son who LOVES the car much more than the 600rwhp Mustang GT I owned previously. Tons of room in the giant trunk. Resale is really bad so you can get one CHEAP with every option: heated steering wheel, auto bright lights, the works. Note the 4 wheel burnout!
SHO's are very cool cars. Funny though, as big as they are, one of the biggest criticisms is its tiny interior. The Fusion, while being a smaller car, actually has a ton more room than an SHO.

There is a video of the Stinger hitting 12.83 bone stock. I think its in the Australia sub forum...and there are tunes out there boasting 80+ HP/TQ gains.

Time will tell if this car is quality, but I'm quite impressed with it!

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
The trunk on a Taurus is GIGANTIC. My son had a Fusion and the interior was definitely smaller.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
I saw the stinger in person at the Seattle car show. Thing is very nice. Definitely the way to go!

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Just looked the Stinger GT up on Edmonds. Very, very impressive. Not cheap. I would look at the Fusion after all :headbonk:
Avg price paid:
Fusion Sport: 32,570
SHO: 41,991
Stinger GT: 46,350

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The trunk on a Taurus is GIGANTIC. My son had a Fusion and the interior was definitely smaller.
That's about it. The rest of the interior of the Taurus has less usable room. Been in both many times.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
That's about it. The rest of the interior of the Taurus has less usable room. Been in both many times.
I owned a 2013 SHO with PP.

Great car. The driver/passenger area was definitely snug feeling.

Back seats and trunk were big and very usable.

Also had the Livernois tune and it was a stop light surpriser for sure...especially in any wet conditions.

Axiom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack
Another former SHO w/Performance Package owner here and agree on the huge trunk space and interior being a bit small. It's a great all weather car. Even has heated rear seats.

I'd look for pre-owned or certified pre-owned. Some really good deals out there.

Ran a best of 12.67 with a Livernois tune.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Not really a fair comparison for the Kia. I'm sure some will sell though. I'd buy a BMW way before a Kia, though if I were looking for a sporty vehicle and it had to be a 4 door. Maybe if the Kia was under $30k...or had a V8 at the high price they are charging.

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
My vote would be on the fusion sport. I love the idea of a v6 tt awd fusion! I think they probably do well with a tune and some common turbo supporting mods.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Definitely would take the Stinger GT. I've been following them for awhile. I'm also interested if Mazda is going to release the new 6 with the 2.5L turbo and AWD, that will be a phenomenal car. Almost bought a SHO for the wife a few years back. Small cramped interior, the layout on the interior sucks as well. It wasn't a fun car to drive either. She wanted it bad but after the test drive she walked away glad she didn't pull the trigger. Ford doesn't make a good performance sedan, sorry. If we had gotten a Falcon with the 5.0 things would be different.
Sponsored