Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
'18 Stang GT vs '18 Caddy ATS-V

I feel like this would be a heck of a race right here. Both are about the same weight, both have about the same amount of power. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
The Cadillac would first have to find some time where it's not at the shop for repairs.

OP
OP

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

The Cadillac would first have to find some time where it's not at the shop for repairs.
The new Caddy's reliability isn't good?

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
ATS-V is a great car with an absolutely terrible infotainment system and an uninspiring engine. If they threw the LT1 in it and got rid of CUE, I'd definitely consider one.

OP
OP

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

ATS-V is a great car with an absolutely terrible infotainment system and an uninspiring engine. If they threw the LT1 in it and got rid of CUE, I'd definitely consider one.
What makes the engine uninspiring? It has 464 hp out of a 3.6L 6 cylinder twin turbo. It goes 0-60 in 3.8 seconds.

Never really played with CUE before. Maybe they will make a jump like Sync 2 to Sync 3. Sync 3 is so much better and smoother.

Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I agree with this 100%.

The ATS-V sedan with an LT1 would be great. Hell I would have taken the SS sedan with an LT1 and 8 speed auto. Unfortunately it never got the powerplant it deserved.

CUE is an atrocity. No infotainment setup that GM uses is worth while. I believe FCA has the best setup.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Ats-v should have got the LSA setup from previous ctsv. It will not impede with the current ctsv since nobody is cross shopping a 85k e63/m5 competitor with a 60k c63/m4 competitor.
I love the way the atsv looks too.

volsfan0911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Ats-v should have got the LSA setup from previous ctsv. It will not impede with the current ctsv since nobody is cross shopping a 85k e63/m5 competitor with a 60k c63/m4 competitor.
I love the way the atsv looks too.
Got to toss an ATS-V around at a recent Cadillac dog & pony demo (FedEx field parking lot). Mini auto-x course along with some acceleration runs (CTS-V there as well - holy crap!) and some street driving. Car looks wonderful from afar BUT the seats and IP are rental grade GM at their worst from 5 years ago. CUE is the worst infotainment system anyone has released lately (worse than the original Sync system even) and yes, there have been significant powertrain issues. There's a reason you can find them discounted out the wazoo ($48-$50K).
Sponsored