Sponsored

GT350 or 2015 Z51 Vette

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
GS, heads, cams, 550 HP, LOTS of smiles. It's a very very good car. And the suspension is NOT identical to the Z06 but uses similar hardware. MSRC is tuned differently, different sway bars, etc.
Sponsored

Nabush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SS 1LE / Corvette C7 GrandSport M7
GS, heads, cams, 550 HP, LOTS of smiles. It's a very very good car. And the suspension is NOT identical to the Z06 but uses similar hardware. MSRC is tuned differently, different sway bars, etc.
It's the same hardware but tuned for the GS Aka less weight in the front. As far as cornering the GS is slighly better than the Z06 and much easier to handle at the limit.:)
But it could use more power...I'm putting long tubes/CAI and intake Manifold + tune should be good for 450whp, will give me more juice at the the high elevations where i drive very often...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I like the Corvette. I just wish it came with a better engine.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Holy crap man - What does a more usable engine mean? Better engine for the long haul?-How many miles do you have on yours?? Better building block for power?-Has your GT350 engine failed after a power-adder?? The only trade off is the engine...but then you list brakes, coolers, knuckles...and say they can be bought from the catalog?(Maybe true, don't know - but you get my point).

How about you wait for them to come out - they might be that good - but at least you will not have to make shit up.

Bro, stop your crying.

The 2018 GT is already quicker car, than the GT350. The Flat Plane Crank is an awesome engine... but it is not a DAILY driver, it is a high-revving track monster.

Subsequently, the Coyote Gen 3 uses a unique fuel delivery system and is more advanced than the voodoo. It is more efficient, more robust because of the crank design, more accepting to modifications and power boosters. Even Ford Performance doesn't use FPC in their racing cars.

Not to mention, the GT is cheaper to purchase, meaning personalized upgrades with the cash reserves.

Like I said, the engine is the only real difference. And anything else can be purchased from Ford Performance.. possibly from the GT500 parts bin.

The GT350 is what it is... special. But, it is not a better all-around driver.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Like I said, the engine is the only real difference. And anything else can be purchased from Ford Performance.. possibly from the GT500 parts bin.
No like you said, the PP2 also comes with an A10 which is why it's a better DD as well which is 100% incorrect. So get your story consistent. BTW, I DD my GT350 and I've never had any complaints. I don't get how a street car made for the street can't be driven on the street. The DD vs not DD argument is ridiculous. Some drive 1000 RWHP tuners every day, some drive 140 HP beater Civics every day.

Also, the GT350 has body work that is unique to the GT350 that is also functional that cannot simply be bolted onto a GT and especially not an '18 GT. Bro.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Whats wrong with an LT1?
Let's be fair, it is a little lazy up top and the last 500 RPM feels uninspiring. And as much as I like the GS, in fact almost bought one, I'd definitely do a cam. I'd gladly sacrifice 30lb ft in the lower RPM range to move the torque band further up and increase the redline to 6800. The GS is begging fro 525+ HP badly. If it did, it would be about the perfect 2 seater sports car for the money in my mind.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Bro, stop your crying.

The 2018 GT is already quicker car, than the GT350. The Flat Plane Crank is an awesome engine... but it is not a DAILY driver, it is a high-revving track monster.

Subsequently, the Coyote Gen 3 uses a unique fuel delivery system and is more advanced than the voodoo. It is more efficient, more robust because of the crank design, more accepting to modifications and power boosters. Even Ford Performance doesn't use FPC in their racing cars.

Not to mention, the GT is cheaper to purchase, meaning personalized upgrades with the cash reserves.

The GT350 is what it is... special. But, it is not a better all-around driver.
LOL

How can the GT350 not be daily driven :lol:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
LOL

Because phlat plain krankz automatically shut down on public streets. They only work at a track. In fact, at every track in the US now, there is a special red key that needs to be used so the car just starts. Ford distributed them secretly before the builds started. I stole one from Road America. That's why my car starts up in my garage. :lol:

Sponsored

Moogatwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ZL1 M6
700 HP Roush supercharger I'll be smoking GT350's and still have a warranty, can't wait.
When the GT500 comes out I fully expect that you'll be trolling this forum justifying your decision to buy a supercharged GT over the 500 with as much dedication as you've put into bashing the GT350. Please don't let me down on this!

You could supercharge almost any modern v8 and smoke a GT350. Hell, my 600WHP big turbo Evo X would destroy my GT350 once fully spooled.

700HP > 526HP

Back on topic:

When I was shopping for my 350 the GS had just come out, and there were no deals to be had. I think the 350 at MSRP or below is a very nice compromise to the C7 z51 or GS if you need the added room, but also want something on the unique side.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
When I was shopping for my 350 the GS had just come out, and there were no deals to be had. I think the 350 at MSRP or below is a very nice compromise to the C7 z51 or GS if you need the added room, but also want something on the unique side.
I couldn't have a Z51 Pack 'Ray for the simple fact that the GS exists. It's such a better car. Plus they're super rare.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
Let's be fair, it is a little lazy up top and the last 500 RPM feels uninspiring. And as much as I like the GS, in fact almost bought one, I'd definitely do a cam. I'd gladly sacrifice 30lb ft in the lower RPM range to move the torque band further up and increase the redline to 6800. The GS is begging fro 525+ HP badly. If it did, it would be about the perfect 2 seater sports car for the money in my mind.
I def agree it could use more power. 550 would be a nice sweet spot. Keeping it NA also.

Last edited:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
LOL

Nobody said that... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I said that the GT350 is not as drivable, daily. Not that it is not drivable.

ergo: I am saying that one engine (& tranny) is BETTER than the other, for such activities as daily driving.

Secondly, I am not knocking the GT350 at all, it is purposeful for what it is, but the 2018 GT is more competent for the 99% usage. While the 350 caters to the 1%.

Matter of fact, I think you might be vastly underestimating these new Coyote Gen3 engines. (There is only 830 rpms and 66hp separating the gen3 and the voodoo...!)

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Whats wrong with an LT1?
It’s a great daily driving engine. Great torque, smooth, decent fuel economy if you keep the revs low. But it’s also a little boring, IMO. It was part of why I chose a GT350 over a Z51.

If the Grand sport had been available, the choice would have been more difficult. If the Grand sport had something like the LS7, I would likely have gone that route.

Love the GT350 though, and am very happy with the combination of performance and practicality that it provides.

-T
Sponsored