Sponsored

Boost pressure in your Ecoboost

flay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Hi, I have a 2017 Ecoboost NA specifications and I am a little worry about it's performances. I have a Roush cold air intake and Mishimoto intercooler pipes and there is a blown air noise all the time when I am driving it. I suspect I may have an air leak and sometimes I have a P0234 code (turbo overboost). Recently I updated the blow off valve with a DV+ but that didn't changed a lot my figures.
What is your maximum boost pressure on the instrument panel? I have a maximum 1,2 bar and very rare it goes to 1,4 under full throttle and the fuel ratio is around 14. I must to know that before exploring wastegate issues.
Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
1.2 bar is pretty typical and under the right conditions 1.4 bar can be seen. I have the Ford Performance tune and get 1.5 bar peak but does not always go that high.

The programming in these cars is torque based so the ECU will only allow enough boost to reach the torque target.

OP
OP

flay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Thank you for the answer! I just worked today a little under the hood , took all the pipes and air filter out and found a broken small hose going from the turbo
high pressure outlet to the valve control solenoid. It's just regular rubber hose, without insertion, I will replace it tomorrow and come with a feedback.

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Thank you for the answer! I just worked today a little under the hood , took all the pipes and air filter out and found a broken small hose going from the turbo
high pressure outlet to the valve control solenoid. It's just regular rubber hose, without insertion, I will replace it tomorrow and come with a feedback.
Yeah that's something you wanna fix :D Good luck!

OP
OP

flay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
I replaced all the turbo small rubber hoses today, including the one from the wastegate to the control solenoid. They are 3 on the turbo side (2 straight and one curved at 90 degrees) , 6 mm inner diameter and they are fragile as I found. Any of them can brake and there is a pressure leak , loss of power plus P0234 code in my case. If you have a power surge, check them.
I used reinforced high pressure hose, 2 $ for one meter, Ford just saved 30 cents on a car using plain rubber hose.
My car is back, pulls like a train. The pressure on the gauge is 1,2-1,4 bar but it comes very quick and the car flies!
broken hose.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nicolas05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Oxford White
Hi Guys,

I found myself in the same situation.
I have a blowing sound in the right front of the car when I push it full throttle, with I never really experienced before.
Boost Pressure is max. 0.8 bar full throttle from 3000rpm. And sometimes goes to 1.1 bar accelerating from 5500rpm.

It doesn't seem normal...

So the question is, is 0.8 bar boost normal?
Engine is completely stock, ecoboost.
Or should I have it checked for leakage?

OP
OP

flay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Check for leaks. Normal is 1.4 bar, max.
Sponsored