Sponsored

Interior Changes on Mustang Builder

JerJax

Threads
Reaction score
I was playing around with the Mustang Builder as I am want to do on occasion, and I noticed that the dash change color when different options are picked. I had already noticed the 50th Anniversary Appearance Package changed the swatch in the door panel to a grey/white, but what I hadn't noticed before was the dash colors and how they changed.

Listed below is the Mustang with no options selected. Note the brushed aluminum trim on the dash.

Listed below is the Mustang with 50th Anniversary Appearance Package selected. Note the more grey color of the dash trim.

Listed below is the Mustang without 50th Anniversary Appearance Package selected. Note the black color of the dash trim. The image resolution isn't great, but the 'jaggies' on the dash when zooming in don't look like engine or axle turned aluminum, but instead, it looks like carbon fiber. I'm pretty sure this is just silly wishful thinking based on a buggy Mustang builder, and the black could just be a placeholder for now, but one must admit that this looks an awful lot like carbon fiber.

Let me know what you think.
Sponsored

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
You're seeing the different aluminum dash applique finishes. The different patterns catch light differently from each other. The "carbon fiber" isn't black, its the engine turned finish. The turnings are small in diameter (though bigger than the turnings on the Boss 302 dash it seems), and give the appearance of a weave pattern. Go back and look at the engine turn finish on the PP dashes and then come back to this image and it'll make sense to you. It also appears that the double-disc grind pattern on the 50th applique has a somewhat darker appearance overall than the brushed. The difference in colors approximates the difference between raw aluminum and polished, which the brushed and double-disc grind appear to resemble. That's what these images are showing.

OP
OP
JerJax

JerJax

Threads
Reaction score
You're seeing the different aluminum dash applique finishes. The different patterns catch light differently from each other. The "carbon fiber" isn't black, its the engine turned finish. The turnings are small in diameter (though bigger than the turnings on the Boss 302 dash it seems), and give the appearance of a weave pattern. Go back and look at the engine turn finish on the PP dashes and then come back to this image and it'll make sense to you. It also appears that the double-disc grind pattern on the 50th applique has a somewhat darker appearance overall than the brushed. The difference in colors approximates the difference between raw aluminum and polished, which the brushed and double-disc grind appear to resemble. That's what these images are showing.
Gotcha. My thing is, I've seen the two different dash applique's before, but none looked black you know? If they're just using it to designate the difference between the PP & 50th, that's fine. I thought it was interesting to show.

Like everything else we don't know for certain, I'm just twiddling my thumbs until Ford ponys up some additional information. Pun intended.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
I think that you're just reading too much into poor resolution of small images on the Ford site. Of the three images you posted above, none look black to me. In fact, each one looks like what I would expect one of the three respective finishes to look like under the lighting conditions of the image, given the resolution. I really don't think that this is one of the unknown areas. The images (too me) correlate with known information, based on what I know of working with aluminum and how the finishes are applied.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
The one that looks the darkest is probably the engine turned... it's probably refracting the interior colors more... my guess. The brightest one is the satin brushed aluminum..?

Sponsored

buRNout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0, Oxford White, saddle
This is good news though because it shows they are making progress on the BnP site. Maybe this means the site will be fully functional soon. I am getting saddle leather and it still is not showing that option

SilverSpoon09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTP PP in CO / 08 CTS / 00 C-SVT
So I am a little unsure if this has been discussed more or not yet I am unsure what of the entire changes that the premier trim with color accent package does. You know the 68b package. What exactly does it all change. Does it change any stitching or anything on the seat? Does it make anything else in the vehicle change on color. I though I read somewhere that it changes the the interior to a charcoal black or is that the normal color? I really don't know if I should get this option with my guard or keep the dark saddle.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
So I am a little unsure if this has been discussed more or not yet I am unsure what of the entire changes that the premier trim with color accent package does. You know the 68b package. What exactly does it all change. Does it change any stitching or anything on the seat? Does it make anything else in the vehicle change on color. I though I read somewhere that it changes the the interior to a charcoal black or is that the normal color? I really don't know if I should get this option with my guard or keep the dark saddle.

Yeah I am very confused on here as the Ford build config doesn't show much for this reasonable $395 option??? Only soft touch upper doors??? I also did a search on this forum but didn't come up with much. I think of all the options listed this one is most peculiar as to what exactly is....premier trim with color accent ?

Per the ford config it says "The premier trim with color accent group includes a charcoal black interior environment with color accented seats, unique door trim and aluminum I/P panel."

But what do you get if you don't get this $395 option???? It looks the same when you de-select it on the Ford Build config page??? So the top portion of the door is now hard plastic??? What else is left out???? WEIRD !!!!???? Nothing else seems to change when you select or de-select this option. :shrug: :crazy:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I am very confused on here as the Ford build config doesn't show much for this reasonable $395 option??? Only soft touch upper doors??? I also did a search on this forum but didn't come up with much. I think of all the options listed this one is most peculiar as to what exactly is....premier trim with color accent ?

Per the ford config it says "The premier trim with color accent group includes a charcoal black interior environment with color accented seats, unique door trim and aluminum I/P panel."

But what do you get if you don't get this $395 option???? It looks the same when you de-select it on the Ford Build config page??? So the top portion of the door is now hard plastic??? What else is left out???? WEIRD !!!!???? Nothing else seems to change when you select or de-select this option. :shrug: :crazy:
Dash stitching and accent stitching on the seats, higher quality perforated-leather door cards, soft touch materials in certain areas.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Dash stitching and accent stitching on the seats, higher quality perforated-leather door cards, soft touch materials in certain areas.
hmmm ok thanks, maybe the config build site is messed up but never saw those changes occur, when selecting/deselecting this option, maybe its just too small of a photographic detail for it to be visible?

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
hmmm ok thanks, maybe the config build site is messed up but never saw those changes occur, when selecting/deselecting this option, maybe its just too small of a photographic detail for it to be visible?
The dash stitching is just barely noticeable, and the perforation wouldn't be noticed unless tie configurator was setup for some kind of super resolution lol. Soft touch material changes won't be visible either. :)

mpwillis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monty
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Vert, '92 911 Cabrio
Really following this Redline thread (sorry couldn't resist). Planning on getting magnetic exterior, EB vert (if the orders ever open up), and originally wanted Saddle (I think all the promo pics sold me)....BUT, like the higher quality/feel of premier interior (soft touch, colored inserts, etc.), so going with red inserts...BUT premier option comes with brushed aluminum dash (per online build), .....BUT PP comes with engine turned dash....so my question is PP + Premier = brushed dash or engine turned I (I hope)? In online builder it looks like the dash changes to "darker" (engine turned pic) with both PP and premium int option. Anybody know for sure?

What I really want is Saddle, with premier features, and engine turned dash!

Ford option config feel like "the fox, the hen, and the corn". Shouldn't be this hard!

:frusty:

TIA

mpwillis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monty
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Vert, '92 911 Cabrio
Really following this Redline thread (sorry couldn't resist). Planning on getting magnetic exterior, EB vert (if the orders ever open up), and originally wanted Saddle (I think all the promo pics sold me)....BUT, like the higher quality/feel of premier interior (soft touch, colored inserts, etc.), so going with red inserts...BUT premier option comes with brushed aluminum dash (per online build), .....BUT PP comes with engine turned dash....so my question is PP + Premier = brushed dash or engine turned I (I hope)? In online builder it looks like the dash changes to "darker" (engine turned pic) with both PP and premium int option. Anybody know for sure?

What I really want is Saddle, with premier features, and engine turned dash!

Ford option config feel like "the fox, the hen, and the corn". Shouldn't be this hard!

:frusty:

TIA
Found the link and the answer. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/s550-aluminum-dashboard-3458.html?p=94796#post94796
Sponsored