papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Be careful that dealer, if he could ever order that part, will ask you A LOT of money. Better check ebay.com to see if someone is selling spare parts.
Sponsored

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Be careful that dealer, if he could ever order that part, will ask you A LOT of money. Better check ebay.com to see if someone is selling spare parts.
yes, I will try to get it done without dealer. :thumbsup:

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I got the Ford Racing Boost Gauge installed. It was a lot of work however, I'm very pleased with the results. :cool:
IMG-20180302-WA0026.jpg
IMG-20180304-WA0006.jpg
DSC_6807-M.JPG

Last edited:

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
As I'm always looking for new mods I'm investigating the PP gauge installation possibilities in an EU EB 2015 car. Is it correct to say the connector is not present and you need to follow the US instructions:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38818
or did somebody find easier ways to get it done on our export cars. The gauges are easy to find, the dash panel bit more tricky but convinced I coluld get hold of a set.
Managed to swap Sync2 for sync 3 (plug n play) but afraid this might be a bit out of my league...

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
When I installed this mod I didn't find any connector already present.
I have just removed the pp gauges\panel from my car since I'm selling the mustang. If you are interested in the dash panel\connector wires PM me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
nr.09

nr.09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Ecoboost Fastback
I have just removed the pp gauges\panel from my car since I'm selling the mustang. If you are interested in the dash panel\connector wires PM me.
pm send

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
I have a British euro mustang. I read through the entire 23 pages. Would I be right in thinking that I just need to make the 4 connections in my AIPM behind the sync 3 and the boost and oil pressure gauges will work?

I'm installing a KB supercharger so would much rather have that info

My plan is to leave the Lund ngauge in the middle slot but make a shelby style custome pod hold which would mount in middle of the dash.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
YES you just need the 4 connection but NO your oil pressure won't work - only vac\boost gauge.
You need a tune to have oil pressure works, but I just read that EB mustangs (or perhaps all EB mustangs, not in GT?) need a sensor installed that is missing..

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aaa dang. Not too keen on the tune as it would void my supercharger warranty unless I can work something out with KB. Atleast I don't have to mess around with wire 48 and wire 57 on the PCM

On the back burner it goes. Probably cheaper to get the module for the ngauge and get the boost that way but really wanted the OEM look

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Sure but I can say that, even with oil pressure not working, the look is amazing :)

IMG-20170505-185658.jpg

IMG-20170505-192849.jpg

IMG-20170505-214438.jpg

Sponsored

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Guys I took an option on Stefano's gauge set but really would like to have both gauges up and runing (incl oil pressure) even as Stefano said it looks great in any case, working or not..

It seems the Export cars even being Perf Pack ready don't have the oil pressure sensor; just oil temp.

After reading the 23 pages of PP gauges swap on the forum I think this is the one we would need ? CM5Z-9278-A

No idea if an export GT (PP or not) has the sensor, if yes, is it this sensor and whats the connection, 1 single wire or more...?

Can anyone confirm the part number and GT Qustion (as reference)?
Q2 : If this is the right sensor; how and where to connect
Q3 : what exactly should the tuning company do in his tune to have the gauge accepting and handling the data correctly?

Last edited:

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Just for your info, got it all installed and working...
IMG_5027.jpg

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Connections can be found in posts dedicated to the perf gauges. The recap is a good one or you have the 23 pages version :) . You can also find a very good install clip on youtube.
(If you have a 2017 or later (maybe 2016 as well) there should be a connector hidden behind the touch display making it an hassle free install (just have to cut out a bit of the vent openings).
I have a 2015 and it required splitting and cutting cables.
Once installed you have to go to your tuner (tune is indeed needed) and ask him to change the switch setting to transducer. This will bring life in the oil pressure gauge.
You can do it with the basic switch, no other or dedicated oil pressure sensor is needed. Good luck !

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Connections can be found in posts dedicated to the perf gauges. The recap is a good one or you have the 23 pages version :) . You can also find a very good install clip on youtube.
(If you have a 2017 or later (maybe 2016 as well) there should be a connector hidden behind the touch display making it an hassle free install (just have to cut out a bit of the vent openings).
I have a 2015 and it required splitting and cutting cables.
Once installed you have to go to your tuner (tune is indeed needed) and ask him to change the switch setting to transducer. This will bring life in the oil pressure gauge.
You can do it with the basic switch, no other or dedicated oil pressure sensor is needed. Good luck !
Awesome. Good to know both work on Euro cars.

I have a right hand drive so I'm having to make a custom gauge holder to sit on top of the dash. I already bought the OEM harness as I don't think the one hidden in there will be long enough.

Which tuner did you use?
Sponsored