Tomtop Unit Fixes

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
Not to mention everyone is working on this in their free time for free with absolutely no support from the orig manufacture. So honestly right now there is no timeline I have absolutely no experience in this and am learning as I go (I've googled the shit out of everything done so far lol) and I still really don't understand everything. I'm a fueler in the army with no formal education on any of this. Pumxee has stated he's onboard as well as dj so that makes four people with myself and http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/member.php?u=22823
Sponsored

madwarren

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 MT
Yeah man I'll do what I can for ya I'm going out of town starting tomorrow for a week. If I can find time I'll throw them up on here for ya

I actually ended up finding it online with maps... so no need to waste your time on that. Keep up the good work man!

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Speaking of maps, what ever happened to the map update for the nav? That was a thing for a while but I didn't get a chance to install the updates, and can't find the files or directions any longer.

Keep up the good work, guys!

BrianGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just really wish there was a way to max out the brightness for daytime driving and have it remember it the next time the car starts. This thing is way too dim on a sunny day.

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
For the maps I've kinda moved away from primo navi I'm working with nextgen and trying to get waze fully functioning. As far as the settings being permanently saved I haven't had the issue so I don't have a method of testing a fix.

Sponsored

madwarren

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 MT
To be honest now if we could just get that beep to quit I would be completely cool with the unit!

"one connected" FIXED
Time - FIXED
Date - FIXED
Temperature in Fahrenheit - FIXED
Beep - :( lol

So cool that you have file access now! Awesome work!

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Wait, how did you get the date fixed? Mine's still stuck on tomorrow! I haven't done ranger11x's "phone connected" fix yet, as I'm waiting for a complete release.

madwarren

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 MT
Wait, how did you get the date fixed? Mine's still stuck on tomorrow! I haven't done ranger11x's "phone connected" fix yet, as I'm waiting for a complete release.

Ah, I didn't even notice that the date was set for tomorrow! I only display the time and temperature. Well, aside from that and the beep I'm happy!

madwarren

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 MT
The File Copy program is bit finicky, but other than it minimizing it works flawlessly.

davejonnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
thanks alot guys. I don't know about much more potential until some other people get on board with us. right now its just two guys who live half way around the world from each other working on this. like I said before extra hands are welcome on this especially if you have software experience. I hope this works out for everyone. If there are any issues please feel free to post them here or PM me and ill get to it as soon as i can

Can you post the files here (preferably the already updated one), I can see if there is anything I can do, I do programming, no the greatest by any means though lol... :).

Sponsored

Bhaley89

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I don't have this u it anymore but I'm curious if you guys ever solved the open the door it powers up issue? That bugged the crap out of me

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
I bit the bullet and did the "one Connected" fix this evening, along with a navi update. The Connected fix was actually pretty easy.

The navi fix required navigating through some SERIOUSLY sketchy websites to download some files. I had a lot of help from one of the members here and everything ended up fine, but I was cursing more than a little bit.

If anyone knows of a file host that can handle a ~2GB file I'll upload the whole shebang and make a video on how to update navi with it!

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
Honestly I just kept searching for a .db skin unpacker. I remember messing around with skins for sky rim just for shits and giggles so I looked up how to change game skins and that unpacker came up so I tried it.....it worked

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
No not yet. Seriously it's a lot of guess work on my end. I guess I just have a talent for finding ways around things haha
Sponsored