papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
What I think, euh ... let me think about it ...

So, OK, I confess, this light is already sitting at my stackry account and waiting for the last item and then should be shipped to me :headbang: :clap2:
:lol: :lol: John you are THE KING of euro mustang modding!!

(and you should also have some shares of Stackry :D)

I will impatiently wait to read your comments and to see it installed in your white horse!
They sold it as 'brake\reverse' and it should have two brightness levels for the red light, so we will wire it only with one brightness for the fog light (obviously the brighter one)

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
:lol: :lol: John you are THE KING of euro mustang modding!!

(and you should also have some shares of Stackry :D)

I will impatiently wait to read your comments and to see it installed in your white horse!
They sold it as 'brake\reverse' and it should have two brightness levels for the red light, so we will wire it only with one brightness for the fog light (obviously the brighter one)
Haha :first:

That's the same way I'll go.
Just use the Reverse and Fog light option. For the fog light, I'll use the Brake light mode (I think much brighter).

In the same, I'll put my Black vinyl on it. So if the brake mode is too bright, It'll be "dimmed" a bit with the vinyl.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
John make sure you hold on to your original fog/reverse light. I understand they are quite expensive and someone who needs to convert a US car to EU specs for admission might pay you good money for it.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Love it, do not like the price though, but will probably find myself ordering one. :D

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
What I think, euh ... let me think about it ...

So, OK, I confess, this light is already sitting at my stackry account and waiting for the last item and then should be shipped to me :headbang: :clap2:
I think it'll look good on the white car. The stock unit is a bit fussy.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
I'm still not sure if I like it, also I never use fog lights (when fog comes, I never have someone reaching me from behind... maybe I'm too fast :D ), but I like the idea of replacing the original with a led-only unit.
Also, black vinyl would be a must for me!

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Also, black vinyl would be a must for me!
Was thinking the same thing, but then, might as well keep the stock. I bought the vinyl already but not quite sure on the legalities of sticking over the fog light.

If the LED unit came in 'smoked', it'd be perfect for me. Having said that, the white does match the stock rear lights and is also closer to he US unit in appearance (i.e. all white).

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Was thinking the same thing, but then, might as well keep the stock. I bought the vinyl already but not quite sure on the legalities of sticking over the fog light.

If the LED unit came in 'smoked', it'd be perfect for me. Having said that, the white does match the stock rear lights and is also closer to he US unit in appearance (i.e. all white).
Funny that here in Italy vinyls are not an issue, or different DRLs or headlights. We will definitely have issues with police for exhausts :paddle:

You're right, US version is clear but it's a detail I don't like too much. But with clear taillights could be a nice match.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
If you were to put a smoke tint over it then it doesn't really make sense to replace the unit at all, since it will look exactly the same anyway.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you were to put a smoke tint over it then it doesn't really make sense to replace the unit at all, since it will look exactly the same anyway.
Not really, I found out a guy in the Forum who put the vinyl on his reverse light (saw his car in real) and you'll still see the light under.
1462535921.151117082927293546.jpg

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Not really, I found out a guy in the Forum who put the vinyl on his reverse light (saw his car in real) and you'll still see the light under.
Then his vinyl wasn't smoked enough :lol:

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
John make sure you hold on to your original fog/reverse light. I understand they are quite expensive and someone who needs to convert a US car to EU specs for admission might pay you good money for it.
Yes, I'll keep the OEM light for few weeks and if the new one works well, then I sell it :thumbsup:
Sponsored