Sponsored

Product Idea for Any Shop Willing

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Having been around for a while and keeping an eye on the marketplace, there seems to be 1 item that no one has for sale.

A lot of us threw out our OEM systems for a catback but now want to switch the axleback part and the midpipes don't match (or need the OEM piping). I see a ton of Wanted to Buy OEM exhausts now.

Some manufacturer must be interested in bending some 2.5" pipe that matches the OEM midpipes from the resonator to the OEM mufflers on each side. They could be full length and cut to fit even (or better make them sized to match with Borla/Roush as that seems to be the most popular axleback; and maybe a few popular brand name axlebacks)

Everyone sells the H/X and axlebacks kits (like the Roush), but no piping to connect the 2 and some of us don't have the OEM system anymore to get donor piping. I would much rather have a clamp in (pre-cut/sized preferred) solution like the axleback kit was made for, rather than need to go to an exhaust shop and get custom pipe bent and sit there for an hour or 2.

I would gladly pay $50-100 for something like this product. That's about how much a shop would charge to bend the midpipes and bend/weld on the hangers.
Sponsored

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
This idea has my support. I'm surprised nobody came out with it yet.

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
people are buying the used stock exhaust? ill sell mine point me to the buyer :)

OP
OP

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Same, it's the only piece missing of the whole exhaust system not sold- we have the cat delete, resonator delete and axlebacks but no midpipes for sale.

I know a shop can do it for probably $50 my time is $ too. I'd gladly pay a company to ship the pieces $100 for the convenience factor as I'm sure a lot of other's would too.

Same reason why aftermarket X and H pipes so do well, even though any exhaust shop could build one quickly for $50 when they cost $200+ aftermarket- convenience of not having to go out during the day as most of us work.

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
people are buying the used stock exhaust? ill sell mine point me to the buyer :)
If you were closer I would have bought yours by now.