Not open for further replies.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Might be a stupid question but will adding these spacers change the sound of the engine and exhaust at all?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Might be a stupid question but will adding these spacers change the sound of the engine and exhaust at all?

It might change the sound a bit. But I don't think it will be anything drastic at all.

limequat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
OK, gonna have to raise the bullshit flag.

While it's true that lengthening the runner will change the RPM at which the airflow "resonates" it will not significantly increase the volume of air in the cylinder. Especially when we're talking about a difference in runner length of -what- half an inch?

This dyno was manipulated to show gains that don't exist.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
OK, gonna have to raise the bullshit flag.

While it's true that lengthening the runner will change the RPM at which the airflow "resonates" it will not significantly increase the volume of air in the cylinder. Especially when we're talking about a difference in runner length of -what- half an inch?

This dyno was manipulated to show gains that don't exist.
The dyno charts you see above are on our shop car Focus ST. The runs were done on the same day, on the same dyno, on the same gas, on the same tune. Nothing was changed other than the addition of the intake manifold spacer and throttle body spacer. The last thing we would want to do is provide false information to any of our customers.

We spent a lot of time on R&D, testing out different thicknesses and different ports to see what is most effective. Once we've got the spacers finalized for the Mustang, we will definitely share results with everyone here!

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Snake oil

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Boomba Racing;We are strapping the Mustang to the dyno today and expect to see similar results!

been waiting for the results for awhile now

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
Boomba Racing;We are strapping the Mustang to the dyno today and expect to see similar results!

been waiting for the results for awhile now
We haven't got around to putting our Mustang on the dyno due to the fact we've got it ripped apart right now while we're testing some other parts. Due to the similarities of the engines, we utilized a spacer design very similar to the one's we've got on our Fiesta ST and Focus ST.

The gains for those cars are highlighted below:

Fiesta ST
16593368892_7461d006b3_b.jpg

Focus ST
16318429465_7033ecc1a9_b.jpg

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
We haven't got around to putting our Mustang on the dyno due to the fact we've got it ripped apart right now while we're testing some other parts. Due to the similarities of the engines, we utilized a spacer design very similar to the one's we've got on our Fiesta ST and Focus ST.

The gains for those cars are highlighted below:

Fiesta ST
16593368892_7461d006b3_b.jpg

Focus ST
16318429465_7033ecc1a9_b.jpg
Like I said snake oil. You hope people will make a purchase based on another cars gains. Any vendor who actually cared about a quality product for a specific vehicle would take the 20 mins a run a damn dyno test. In the past 20 years throttle body spacers have NEVER helped performance.

[emoji107]

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Not sure if they'll make any power or not. But they could be useful for adding meth injection or to get a vacuum source for an aftermarket BOV or something.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Not sure if they'll make any power or not. But they could be useful for adding meth injection or to get a vacuum source for an aftermarket BOV or something.
Exactly. It would be an excellent solution for an additional vacuum source. When I install my meth kit, I'll probably put the bung somewhere near the outlet of the intercooler.

I think that Boomba will show the actual results when they get it to the dyno. They are a well respected company and aren't in the snake oil business, that I've seen. They're well respected in a lot of communities and their products are of stellar quality.

Now, with that said, I wouldn't be interested in these for actual spacer duties per se, but would consider it for other uses, like an extra vacuum source.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Intake manifold spacers will increase low end torque as you're effectively lengthening the intake runners. I just don't think it'll be the amount that they're showing.

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
How are people still dupped into buying these spacers? It's 2015 guys. Time to put down the "paper weights" and focus on parts that actually produce power.

Status
Not open for further replies.