OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
What lowering springs are you running Makis?
Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I am not using any lowering springs, although I would definitely like to. The slope of the entrance to my garage is very steep and the Mustang touches the ground every time I enter, even without lowering springs.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Come on folks, lets revive this thread! What happened, you don't drive your cars anymore? The only active group seems to be the Brits, LOL!

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
The Mustang in Europe is born dead :frusty:
I mean, a car like this is the heaven for all people that love to mod their cars, but with our strict regulations we cannot make anything. Some of us modified lights, and we don't get fined only because cops don't know anything about that car so they think it's stock :D

But we can't change tires, we can't use spacers, we can't change exhausts....
The american side of the forum is alive and kicking, every day there are tons of new threads with new mods, info, questions... but here.. we have only a few arguments left.

I.. I changed the cabin air filter a couple weeks ago, but the last interesting mod I did was probably dated april 2016... :shrug:

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
To be honest, I only use the British part of the forum. Its much more active.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=21204]kapiteinlangzaam[/MENTION] me too, even on FB they are so much more active than the rest of us.

[MENTION=12253]papinist[/MENTION] I changed the exhaust, added spacers, modified all my lights, I am about to change the wheels, about to add the digital dash and done so much more on the car. I don't give a sh1t about those freaking European regulations. The car was obviously a threat to many other European car makers (mainly from Germany) when it was first introduced, so they tried to inhibit its market penetration. Look what happened to the 2018 face-lift (as ugly as it is): the power of EcoBoost was decreased to 290 hp! Why, because of those hypocrite regulations about the environment. As long as the performance of the Mustang is below the performance of Audis and Porches, everything is fine.

Anyway, don't stop the effort, keep posting. It was a pleasure reading all those things that you have all accomplished when I first bought my car one and a half year ago and they helped me follow a path in modifying it.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
I suspect that the power of Ecoboost is THE SAME as before, but when 2015 was released they were in a rush so they set a wrong value. Then, after many complaints, they had to correct it, but only in the new version so they could use the excuse of 'something new'..
That way, I'm paying an higher luxury tax even if my hp are most probably 290.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Since my car flooded a couple months ago I don't give a flying crap about this car anymore... :doh:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
No Stefano, this is not true. The power of the 2015-17 Mustang EcoBoost is 317hp to the crank. The problem is that most people do not pull fuse #62 when they go to the dyno, therefore what they get is an underestimate of the actual engine power. Fuse #62 has to do with the car trying to accelerate during a dyno pull, but the ECU sees that the front wheels do not move and therefore it cuts power. Almost 100% of people taking the car to the dyno in Europe do not pull fuse #62. If they did that then the car would reach the expected power.

The recent facelift has been turned down about 30hp ONLY in Europe and according to FORD this has to do with emissions regulations (regulations again!). In the US the MY 2018 has the same power as the MY 2015-17.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Since my car flooded a couple months ago I don't give a flying crap about this car anymore... :doh:
I feel for you [MENTION=14076]Notes[/MENTION]... I had the same feeling last summer when my A/C stopped working in the middle of the summer (42 C in Greece!). But the car is so much fun to drive...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
There are only two large markets for this car in Europe which are Germany and the UK. The UK owners are separated from the rest of Europe on this forum for some inexplicable reason (no brexit jokes intended) and the Germans always start their own German language forum (in this case mustang6.de) regardless of what international forums are already available. I've seen this happening with previous special interest cars as well. Luckily there are some very active members like Ace who connect both communities and make sure neither miss out on important stuff.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Anyway, lets be active. Lets talk mods, 0-100" times, exhaust video clips, detailing, wheels and last but not least the digital dash that people like Stefano (@papinist) and [MENTION=14834]John577[/MENTION] can help us retrofit on our 15-17 models! Like our Brit mates do!

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
There are only two large markets for this car in Europe which are Germany and the UK. The UK owners are separated from the rest of Europe on this forum for some inexplicable reason (no brexit jokes intended) and the Germans always start their own German language forum (in this case mustang6.de) regardless of what international forums are already available. I've seen this happening with previous special interest cars as well. Luckily there are some very active members like Ace who connect both communities and make sure neither miss out on important stuff.
But he sold his Mustang a long time ago....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Would be nice if there were more activity here.
But thats on us.

If I wasn't so stupid that I don't know how to post pictures and videos here, I have something to show. :headbonk:
Copenhagen have got a new 920m tunnel and its never used at night. Have some footy from my Grdian dashcam, but the sound is not very good when the AWE catback get some WOT. Tried with my GoPro on the outside, but windnoice made it unbearable to listen to. Anybody that have a solution for this? I'm a carpenter, so may have to try and build a wooden winddeflecting case for this.
Anyway I have something on the way from both US and AUS. Mostly looking forward to the one from Downunder, since I then can get rid of the ugly Faux Gas thingy. :hail:
And I'm still looking for the OE 350GT rear valance shipped here for under 1650! Euros, if anybody knows where to get it from?:shrug:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
No Stefano, this is not true. The power of the 2015-17 Mustang EcoBoost is 317hp to the crank. The problem is that most people do not pull fuse #62 when they go to the dyno, therefore what they get is an underestimate of the actual engine power. Fuse #62 has to do with the car trying to accelerate during a dyno pull, but the ECU sees that the front wheels do not move and therefore it cuts power. Almost 100% of people taking the car to the dyno in Europe do not pull fuse #62. If they did that then the car would reach the expected power.

The recent facelift has been turned down about 30hp ONLY in Europe and according to FORD this has to do with emissions regulations (regulations again!). In the US the MY 2018 has the same power as the MY 2015-17.
This is really interesting, but I've never heard anything about it. Do you have a link where I could find some more info?
Sponsored