Sponsored

Front Tribar LED with Sequential Turn MOD! (new thread)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I just received some feedback from Diode Dynamics in regards to my above inquiry, that I think is worth sharing with the rest of this group. According to them, the lighting (including the DRLs) should be completely off at the "0" position. That's how US-spec cars are setup, and they wouldn't expect EU/AU to operate differently.

So what I observed is normal, although thanks to the information in this thread and the discussion that I had today with our European expert, there is an alternative way to connect the DRLs (on a switched 12v wire, like many of you have done), so that they light up at the β€œ0” position. Both ways are OK and it’s up to the user to chose which one he prefers.
Sponsored

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
If these lights should act as DRLs, these should be ON when engine\car is running. DRLs, at least in europe, should not be switched off I suppose.
I'm not sure for US since the US tribar seems to not be bright enough to be considered DRL.

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
@Diode Dynamics I noticed a problem today with the tribars EU version:

-when the selector switch is in position "0" the tribars remain lit,that's good,but the position (parking) lamp on the driver's side remains illuminated.

-when the selector switch is in position "Auto",during the day,the same problem is reproduced.

I'd like, in addition to what's legal here,in Spain, in both cases to keep the position (parking) lights off.

What strikes me most is that the driver's light comes on but the passenger's does not.

The parking light on the passenger side is the one that's working well.

What I don't know is whether this has been the case since I installed it or whether this behavior has started now.

The DRL,here in Spain,must be always on.The parking lights must be switched off in the "0" position of the switch and in the "Auto" position when driving in daylight.

Although I ask the question to Diode Dynamics, any opinion is, of course, welcome.

Last edited:

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Hi Guys.

This post is only about the sequential part of my lights.

I had my tri-bars done by our polish friend, and I installed them almost two years ago. Everything worked perfect. I later added the Coplus sequential light/housing. Then I drove around with two perfectly working seqs, but I didn't like the way it looks with them both on at the same time. So I made a switch which allows me to choose between:
Option A: The Tri-bars
Option B: The Coplus
Option C: Both on at the same time.

The switch works perfect, but now the car hyperflashes, when I choose Option A. It does not hyperflash with the other two options.
The car didn't hyperflash when I only ran the tri-bars and just pulled the 21W blinkerbulb the car was born with.
So I'm looking into resistors, and see that the one CJPP offers is a 50W6Ohm. If I put this in my setup (on the tri-bar part), I believe the car will no longer hyperflash, but it will also not start to hyperflash if the tri-bars goes bad for some reason.
Do anyone know how much watt the tri-bars use when using the amber turnsignal?
I guess I need a resistor that uses 21W(the original blinkerbulb) minus whatever the amber tri-bars pulls, right?
Or what do You guys think? Am I missing something here?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This is the car before I installed my switch. I can put up a little vid showing the different modes if You like. Just need to go film it first.

Bazzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost
If you have Forscan, you can experiment first by disabling hyperflash:
BCM 726-27-01 change β€ž1β€œ at second position (from the left) to β€ž0β€œ.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
^ that!