Sponsored

2018 EB Premium vs. Challenger SXT Plus

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I'm getting 11mpg in my Charger. I didn't buy it for fuel economy. The transmission is amazing. I do drive it in sport mode and in the winter I've been remote starting the car before heading to work. So not doing it any favors, that combined with my short trip to and from work.
Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
yep thats one of my favorite features coming out of a manual GT. remote start has been key the past month.

i finally tried out that sport button too, and wow... didnt think it would make much of a difference but it did.

OP
OP

longislander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Pontiac Solstice
Asharus I didn't see that you had gotten a Challenger too until just now! Great!
My son ordered his at Merrick Dodge, nice low-pressure sales environment there.
We originally asked only about the SXT Plus so that was all he quoted us. As it turns out the incentives on the R/T Plus are better so that the lease payment is actually lower despite a higher sticker price!
My son ordered Pitch Black with Ruby Red leather interior.
I'm in Oceanside...you too I think? I'll keep an eye out for your Scat Pack! You'll see me driving my Magnetic 2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0 TTV-6 - 400 hp

Last edited:

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
Wow how'd you know I'm in O'side? LOL.

I got mine from East Hills Dodge. They were the only dealer that responded to me over emails with a quote. No other dealer took me seriously, and I was casually shopping for a Scat for the past 9 months or so...

Yeah, the Dodge incentives are pretty insane and they have killer deals. I'm so happy for your son that he got a V8 instead of a 4 banger or V6. I hope he enjoys it in good health.

IMO the chally is an upgrade from the stang, in any trim. It's much more comfy, and a lot easier to light the tires up!!! Maybe because it's heavier? I'm sure the 475 ft/lb of torque helps too! LOL!

OP
OP

longislander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Pontiac Solstice
Asharus we have spoken here before, in the Local Long Island section, around 3 years ago when I first joined when my son got his '15 EB.
Maybe you know my friend Scott in Oceanside? He's got a B5 Blue Hellcat!
Any good Challenger forums? I see a few but they don't seem nearly as active as this one!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
Ah yes I remember that now.

No I don't know Scott, but I do see a knuckle white hellcat on a daily basis parked by the train station.

The only forum that I know of is ChallengerTalk, but I'm sure there are others. That's the only one I'm on currently.

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
You should look at scatpackforums.com. I was a member over there when I had my Charger Scat Pack. The Challenger R/T Plus that was leased in this thread may be a nice car, but the 370hp , pushing the 4400# car makes it feel very slow and the gas mileage won't be great.

My Charger Scat Pack got about 18mpg in normal combined driving and I saw upwards of 23mpg on the highway at 80mph. The 6.4L is a much torquier engine and will rip the tires to shreds, but Dodge has detuned it since 2015. The 2017 is very tame compared to my '15. I lemon lawed my '15 and got a '17 as a replacement. Had the '17 for 8 days and sold it due to the changes Dodge made that were not impressive. If I knew then what I know now, I would've kept the '15.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should look at scatpackforums.com. I was a member over there when I had my Charger Scat Pack. The Challenger R/T Plus that was leased in this thread may be a nice car, but the 370hp , pushing the 4400# car makes it feel very slow and the gas mileage won't be great.

My Charger Scat Pack got about 18mpg in normal combined driving and I saw upwards of 23mpg on the highway at 80mph. The 6.4L is a much torquier engine and will rip the tires to shreds, but Dodge has detuned it since 2015. The 2017 is very tame compared to my '15. I lemon lawed my '15 and got a '17 as a replacement. Had the '17 for 8 days and sold it due to the changes Dodge made that were not impressive. If I knew then what I know now, I would've kept the '15.
What...? Sorry there is no difference.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
cool thanks i'll check out scatpack forums

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
What...? Sorry there is no difference.
In this statement, you are wrong. The throttle response on the 2015 was very sensitive. Due to this sensitivity, Dodge reprogrammed the throttle to require the pedal be pushed harder to get the same response. I've had a '15, a '16 and a '17 Charger Scat Pack. Have you?

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In this statement, you are wrong. The throttle response on the 2015 was very sensitive. Due to this sensitivity, Dodge reprogrammed the throttle to require the pedal be pushed harder to get the same response. I've had a '15, a '16 and a '17 Charger Scat Pack. Have you?
No but I've rented a 15 Scat Pack for a week, test driven several 15/16's, and currently own a 17. Throttle sensitivity doesn't mean it's detuned...

Please provide actual evidence, would be an interesting read.
Sponsored