Sponsored

Now the long wait has started *2018 GT on order*

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
For whatever reason ever since I was 15 I just needed to have a Mustang at some point in my life. Now 13 years later the timing couldn't be better, just as I am getting ready to get my Mustang they come out with the 2018 S550 facelift with many new features :p

To me when they first launched the S550 I was stoked but somehow I wasn't 100% convinced, I guess I wanted a little bit more for my money. I mean this is a first for me to buy a car like this and probably will be my last for a long long time. So I wanted it to be perfect.

I test drove the EcoBoost first and I was everything but exited, I just disliked the power delivery of turbo engine.

After that I went and tried out the V8 and I was instantly sold, the sound and power delivery are just magical.

With both cars I disliked the suspension and transmissions (tried both MT and AT). So I was hoping they fix all that in the 2018, and it seems they have :p

So here is what I got on order:
- 2018 GT Coupe
- Ruby Red
- 10 Speed auto
- MagneRide
- Custom Pack 4 (5x2 spoke with black window trim)
- Black roof

Ford couldn't have made it any easier with the options tbh, complete car with just a few boxes to tick :)

Now the long wait has started, delivery is expected at the earliest end of May but probably somewhere in June.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Congrats and very nice spec. I assume you're gonna register it in Belgium?

OP
OP
Double

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats and very nice spec. I assume you're gonna register it in Belgium?
Yes, but still a heafty ~11k one time tax though. But it'll be worth it.

vmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Ruby Red Fastback
here is my order (19.12.2017)
- 2018 GT Coupe
- Kona Blue
- 10 Speed auto
- Showstopper red leather
- Custom Pack 1
- Black roof

Estimeted delivery somewhere in May, i got fair offer for my s550 GT and i deside to trade to new face lift.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
No Magneride? With the piss poor road surfaces in Finland that would be my #1 reason to upgrade.

Sponsored

vmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Ruby Red Fastback
No, because i'm not so sure is there any extra value for that in my case, i drive daily mostly in suburban ring roads way to work. I have already order lower kit for suspension, spacers and 20" Ford's new model rims. I think that stock suspension is too high for me.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Ah okay yeah then it makes sense. There probably will be lowering springs for MagneRide in the future but they will most likely lower only 1cm like with the GT350.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is hopefully coming in April

Fastback GT
Race Red
Magneride
A10
Custom Pack 2
Alarm

I am looking for new wheels most prob 20", will be either 19 or 20"x10 square or 19/20x10+19/20/11, lowering with GT350 Ford racing spring(or similar) if no issues(might impact the wheel size), H-pipe, new led side markers, black emblems. Will also be doing X-pel or similar and a ceramic treatment(will do that myself)

Last edited:

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well then there's basically Project 6GR or P51. The rest doesn't even come close.

Yep looking at 6GR five spoke in satin, thinking they will be a perfect match. However with shipping, vat and other surcharges I might look at local (wheels available in EU) options.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Yep looking at 6GR five spoke in satin, thinking they will be a perfect match. However with shipping, vat and other surcharges I might look at local (wheels available in EU) options.
Unfortunately noone in the EU offers wheels with those specs.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately noone in the EU offers wheels with those specs.

I think finding wheels with ETs that will work will be possible, but I have not seen any wheels that will not require hub-rings.

I am thinking of these from ISPIRI, during BF they were selling 20" for 1100-1200 GBP .....
http://www.ispiriwheels.com/ispiri-ffr6.html

but for sure having wheels that are created specifically for the car is better.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
For whatever reason ever since I was 15 I just needed to have a Mustang at some point in my life. Now 13 years later the timing couldn't be better, just as I am getting ready to get my Mustang they come out with the 2018 S550 facelift with many new features :p

To me when they first launched the S550 I was stoked but somehow I wasn't 100% convinced, I guess I wanted a little bit more for my money. I mean this is a first for me to buy a car like this and probably will be my last for a long long time. So I wanted it to be perfect.

I test drove the EcoBoost first and I was everything but exited, I just disliked the power delivery of turbo engine.

After that I went and tried out the V8 and I was instantly sold, the sound and power delivery are just magical.

With both cars I disliked the suspension and transmissions (tried both MT and AT). So I was hoping they fix all that in the 2018, and it seems they have :p

So here is what I got on order:
- 2018 GT Coupe
- Ruby Red
- 10 Speed auto
- MagneRide
- Custom Pack 4 (5x2 spoke with black window trim)
- Black roof

Ford couldn't have made it any easier with the options tbh, complete car with just a few boxes to tick :)

Now the long wait has started, delivery is expected at the earliest end of May but probably somewhere in June.

Nice!

I know someone who has ordered a Crimson Red GT for registration here in NL. So I guess its a race between you and him to see who gets it first :)