Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
I'll be surprised with anything over 460hp stock. Ford usually leaveships plenty on the table for the aftermarket.
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I'll be surprised with anything over 460hp stock. Ford usually leaveships plenty on the table for the aftermarket.
It's not so much the aftermarket but they leave a hefty cushion for safety reasons, durability reasons and to leave some room for their own in house performance parts.

Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang
I'm planning on getting a loaded 18 GT, and have a few questions.

1. Is the active exhaust going to be much louder than the stock quad exhaust they plan to release? - I heard the active exhaust clip posted but I'm still not 100% sold it's loud enough for me.

It will be significantly louder than stock but there will always be louder aftermarket offerings.

2. Do you think the Recaro's will be powered and have the ability to heat and cool like the premium seats do now?

I doubt it, racing seats meant to be lighter than powered seats.

3. With the performance package will it just be Brembo's at the front again or also at the rear?

no one knows yet but I hope not, it would be nice if they have some good 4 pistons in the rear as well.

4. I saw a while back by someone who works at a dealer posted that a carbon fiber package was an option, is that still true?

no one knows yet

5. Lightning or Kona Blue? (Kappa)

trick question, Orange Fury FTW
For #4, check out Ford's 2018 Mustang page. Under the "cockpit goals" section, click the plus sign near the middle vent. It reads:

"The instrument panel surround has been refreshed with four new aluminum finishes: Silver Arrow, Engine Spun, Angled Brush and Linked Graphite. There’s also a Carbon Fiber Sport Interior Package, upping your options for a custom look."

Provides some details on the carbon fiber package, like interior only. Doesn't say if there's any other changes or not though.

EDIT: This link *should* pull up the popup with the same quote: http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/2018/#intro_hotspot-1

Last edited:

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's that much of a bump.
Same here, I know it isn't apples to apples but it's pretty close, the LS3 to the LT1 on the GM side had similar upgrades and went from 426 to 455.

Specifically referencing the Direct Injection and CR bump.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's that much of a bump.
there is another 5.0 V8 DI/PI engine on the market, the Lexus RCF/GSF engine, which makes 467 hp with 12.3:1 CR (versus 12.0:1 for the 18GT). Not only that it gains 35rwhp from an exhaust because factory is so neutered

470hp+ for the 18GT is not out of the question

Even more theory crafting is the 270hp 3.5 V6 camry engine vs 306hp lexus IS350 engine. Same block, but the IS350 has DI/PI heads adding 13% power to make it 306. Just applying this % to a Coyote yields 490hp. Which isnt that far off from the RCF/GSF engine with freed up exhaust. Also remember the 15+ GT doesnt gain much from an aftermarket exhaust, breathes fine already

Last edited:

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
Not sure if this has come out on this thread yet but order banks are to open for the 18MY in late June. I just got off the phone with FoMoCo Marketing. She also mentioned that dealer orders will be fulfilled before customer orders so it won't be unlikely for the first customer orders to take up to 14 weeks.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Not sure if this has come out on this thread yet but order banks are to open for the 18MY in late June. I just got off the phone with FoMoCo Marketing. She also mentioned that dealer orders will be fulfilled before customer orders so it won't be unlikely for the first customer orders to take up to 14 weeks.
It's the year 2014 all over again! :-)

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

Sponsored

williamwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 gt
there is another 5.0 V8 DI/PI engine on the market, the Lexus RCF/GSF engine, which makes 467 hp with 12.3:1 CR (versus 12.0:1 for the 18GT). Not only that it gains 35rwhp from an exhaust because factory is so neutered

470hp+ for the 18GT is not out of the question
The lexus also revs to 7300 vs 7400 (7500?) for the '18 coyote.

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Who wants the first '18 on the lot anyway? Everyone and their mama is gonna drive the hell out of it before any customer takes delivery. I'm thinking end of the year for me wether I buy it off the lot or order it just the way I want it.
everytime i order one, no one drives it but me. I get the call as soon as it hits the lot, usually i know before them when its coming. When my GT350 came in, they even took me to the train yard to pick it up and let me drive it back to the dealer myself. They usually order as a stock order for them, but its mine, so i dont have to wait for special orders later.i plan on ordering one whenever the banks open up, i just wish the order guides would come out so i can see what i can order on it!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
That's late........I know Ford said Fall, but I was really hoping it'd be before then :(

I believe it's nothing new for dealer orders to be fulfilled first though, so that'd to be expected.

It's a shame, I'd certainly not want to take delivery of my shiny new Mustang right at the end of Summer :(

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
MVFJET - When I bought my 2015 Mustang GT, I ordered it and got it for $1200 under the X-Plan price, so I think that price would be tough to beat - even buying a car that is already in the dealer's inventory. I sent out emails to half a dozen dealers and told them I was looking for a price better than X-Plan. Only one said they could do it - and that's who I purchased from. I'm sensing that demand has waned a bit for the U.S. sports/muscle car segment. If that is correct dealers may be hungrier than they were a couple of years ago. Good luck!

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
That's late........I know Ford said Fall, but I was really hoping it'd be before then :(

I believe it's nothing new for dealer orders to be fulfilled first though, so that'd to be expected.

It's a shame, I'd certainly not want to take delivery of my shiny new Mustang right at the end of Summer :(
If its late June, I hope the order banks at least opens world wide (e.g. UK) even though I know we wont get our cars 14 weeks after order.
Sponsored