Sponsored

music controls on steering wheel

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Does anyone here know if an ipod can be completely controlled/browsed with the directional controls on the steering wheel? Is there a music display on the 'information screen' on the IP?

I'm 99.99% sure I can skip songs/pause but I'm not sure about browsing songs.

I feel like using touch controls (refuse to use voice) is cumbersome (vs just using a 3.5 connection and controlling the ipod directly).
Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
The owner's manual recently posted has a detailed discussion on the entertainment system. You have to jump to the MyFordTouch section and the steering wheel sections to get the answers.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Does anyone here know if an ipod can be completely controlled/browsed with the directional controls on the steering wheel? Is there a music display on the 'information screen' on the IP?

I'm 99.99% sure I can skip songs/pause but I'm not sure about browsing songs.

I feel like using touch controls (refuse to use voice) is cumbersome (vs just using a 3.5 connection and controlling the ipod directly).
I have had SYNC in many of my recent cars. You can push the button and tell the SYNC the artist, genre or songs you want with ease. I do it on a daily basis with out issue. It's very easy to use

OP
OP
fionic

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I have had SYNC in many of my recent cars. You can push the button and tell the SYNC the artist, genre or songs you want with ease. I do it on a daily basis with out issue. It's very easy to use
it's not about being easy it use. I don't want to have to use my voice. I'd much rather be able to push buttons.

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
Mime? :)

beers

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Yes you can use the buttons

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
How does voice control work for mute people?
How do blind people know when they're done wiping?

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Except the system can't process my iPod with my full music library on it (35,000ish songs), so I had to edit it down, which is a pain.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Except the system can't process my iPod with my full music library on it (35,000ish songs), so I had to edit it down, which is a pain.
Someone was around for the Napster days I see lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
fionic

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
fuck. really? I have 41,000 :/. You've tried this on the newest MFT?

acgott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange
fuck. really? I have 41,000 :/. You've tried this on the newest MFT?
In the owners manual it calls out that it can index up to 30,000 songs. Not sure if that means only on usb devices or not but if you use an ipod connected I could see that being the case too.

Just out of curiousity, is it really necessary to have all that music at a given time or do you just leave the ipod in the car unless you are changing things? I remember when I had my Kenwood receiver with the ipod connect I never removed it to the point that the battery in my ipod died.

OP
OP
fionic

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
In the owners manual it calls out that it can index up to 30,000 songs. Not sure if that means only on usb devices or not but if you use an ipod connected I could see that being the case too.

Just out of curiousity, is it really necessary to have all that music at a given time or do you just leave the ipod in the car unless you are changing things? I remember when I had my Kenwood receiver with the ipod connect I never removed it to the point that the battery in my ipod died.
I continually add new music. I like having all my music on me incase there is something I want to listen to. (I listen to it at work and in the car).

I guess I could remove some of the live shows... but still, I don't want to go try and listen to something just to find that I took it off.

(I listen to A LOT of music, basically anytime I'm not sleeping)

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
I continually add new music. I like having all my music on me incase there is something I want to listen to. (I listen to it at work and in the car).
If you can't find something to listen to with a fraction of your 41,000 song collection accessible at one time, I'm worried for you. :)

If you listened to your music for 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, it would take you nearly 7 months to get through all of it.

Are you just stockpiling every album that comes out? I find it hard to imagine that you built that collection by picking and choosing. If so, you have way more time on your hands than I do! ;)

OP
OP
fionic

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
If you can't find something to listen to with a fraction of your 41,000 song collection accessible at one time, I'm worried for you. :)

If you listened to your music for 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, it would take you nearly 7 months to get through all of it.

Are you just stockpiling every album that comes out? I find it hard to imagine that you built that collection by picking and choosing. If so, you have way more time on your hands than I do! ;)
It's about finding a specific song that I want to hear, not just any song I want to hear.

Well if I hear a song I like, I get the album.

Pandora is pretty good for discovering new music
Sponsored